New spot

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

whitetailassasin

New spot

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Sorry I didn't get any pics to show everyone, but it rained today and I went scouting some new area's. I had to tell everyone because in my neck of the woods, in central michigan state land, it's almost unheard of to find trees 20 inch diameter rubbed like Kansas fence posts. Not only did i find one, but several, and his trail with his big tracks going horizontal to the doe runs. Almost every trail entrance to the thicket i found it in had his sign all over it. I also found a ditch that's got about 6 inches of water in it and grass that leads all the way back to the thickets, allowing me to travel to and from my stand sites limiting the amount of time I have to spend in the woods and the 200 acre tag alder field across from the thickets. My stand sites are only about 100 yards from the ditch so it's perfect. And the best thing was there is no pressure on this piece and it's so far back rarely if ever is there anyone back there. Super pumped about the potential superstar in the area.

Swampthing
500 Club

Re: New spot

Unread postby Swampthing » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:14 pm

Nice, make sure and bring a camera next time I would love to see some pics .
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:52 am

Just got a jvc handy cam, that also takes still images. Hoping to have some live footage uploaded soon.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:18 am

Congrats on the findings in the new land. Cant wait to see your pics

Good Luck!
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:02 am

the new charger and av input cable is shipped and will be here anyday for the video camera. I went and hunted this new spot this morning, and at around 10:30am about 80 yds away is the big boy I've been after. He was walking like he owned the woods and never stopped once to look or hear what was in the area. I seen where he went and he crossed the creek i walk in on to get to my stand. I waited awhile before leaving ever so quietly and on the way out he left another big rub. First morning in this spot and big boy spotted, and located. I will be coming back to hunt this the next good wind day very soon. It rained this morning and washed away evidence of my being there, and judging by his demeanor when i seen him, he was clueless also :dance: Now hopefully all the pieces will come together for his next visit. I also hit him with two or three low grunts he paid no attention at all.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”