need some help guys

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

whitetailassasin

need some help guys

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:57 am

Hello to everyone on the hunting beast. I am a new member, but 15+ years of michigan public land hunting experience. My father and I hunt, scout, and prepare religiously to succeed the best we can. We've recently stumbled across an area of state land that is land locked between two sections of private. With a river and creek to boot right thru it all. There is standing corn, beans, beets, and more corn around our stand sight. I've got some pics of deer I would like to share with you all(can't figure out how to upload them from my computer to here..clicked insert image but it just adds to end of my message) and would value your opinions as to how I should enter/exit this stand....the only way in is next to a standing corn field or down a creek bed..but i can only take the creek bed about half way to the stand, the rest has to be down the standing corn field..as is land locked like I previously stated. We are above anal about our scent control and wind directions and wear rubber boots everywhere. I won't need to set a stand up, as we have cleared and set stands a month and a half ago. All opinions respected here.

Edcyclopedia

Re: need some help guys

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:10 pm

1st of welcome to the beast!

An aerial & topo photo would be helpful to distinguish terrain advantages and / or possible bedding areas..
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Welcome to the Beast.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:39 pm

the little triangle shape of state is has creek to the east and north...the south and west are beets and corn..west is completely in accessable private. only way in is from the east and south. the creek goes straight to the corner of the woods and the cornfield edge, but i have to cross and go thru that edge to get to the landlocked parcel of state land. The open woods is not the bedding area there is a river to the west and a strip of private adjacent to it that's about 25yds wide and it's high grass, and a tree line that's in line with both river and the bank. Some of the bucks are laying there, others we've witnessed coming out of the corn right around last 30 mins of light. I have a good idea where they are bedding, but i've only got about a 20 acre transition point between the two private lands. I shot a 4.5yr old 10pt about 400 yards from here 2 season's ago. And chased a 160" giant last season, 3 encounter's with him but no shot's. And this season I've got a lot of real good deer at this stand site, but not wanting to go in doing a deer drive opening morning.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”