say goodbye to TS Debby

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

wmahunter
500 Club

say goodbye to TS Debby

Unread postby wmahunter » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:45 am

After 15" of rain this weekend she is finally leaving. So glad I do not live in a flood prone area.
Driving home Friday night, could not even see the road because the rain was coming down so fast and hard.

Only the yard flooded for a short time during the many hours of down pours. But it drained off within a couple of hours.

Wow, this was not even a hurricane. Just a very slow moving tropical storm.

Years ago before I bought the homestead I made the decision if I saw 1 palmetto or 1 cypress tree on the place I was not going to buy it. The reason why, the water table would already be near the sureface.

Luckily the loss of life was limited in this state as well. It could have been much worse.

Southern Man
500 Club

Re: say goodbye to TS Debby

Unread postby Southern Man » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:59 am

Would have loved to had some of that rain. We're 14" behind average for the year here and they say an extreme drought. We're having highs right at 100 with Thursday calling for 105. They issued a burn ban yesterday, we're just cookin here.
The local paper did say today that fireworks were not included in the ban but be careful. I expect them to call those off too if we don't get a rain.

Just a few words from the other end of the spectrum.

LAst year we had heavy rain all spring. Being next to the Mississippi and Ohio rivers, we flooded big time. I don't know which is worse, floodin rains or drought.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: say goodbye to TS Debby

Unread postby dan » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:07 pm

Send some rain to southern Wisconsin... So dry here everything is dying.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”