hunting disguises

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

rochester coops

hunting disguises

Unread postby rochester coops » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:14 pm

I've got one spot right off a very heavy traffic road that I plan on hunting this yr, but I don't want everyone driving by to know. Don't think it gets really any pressure yet. You can't park where I would access, you have to walk or use the bike path that is right next to the road. So I'm wishing I had a take down recurve and pack my gear in a backpack and just ride a bike in. Anyone else have situations where you don't let on you are hunting? Or ideas on how to hide your gear?

Mike

Re: hunting disguises

Unread postby Mike » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:27 am

I thought about something like this for metro hunting, I came up with a decent sized backpack could fit a liberty archery bow, your camo or ghillie suit or ambush saddle and put your arrows in a cardboard tube sticking out of the backpack a little.
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:30 am

Ive got a spot thats heavy fished on a well traveled road. I just pretend I am going fishing.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:25 am

Have someone drop you off. Been there done that.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:12 am

Stanley wrote:Have someone drop you off. Been there done that.

X2
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:52 am

Drive to your access point, and hide your gear quickly. Then park and walk to your access point in regular clothes. Get to the access point, slip on your hunting clothes(stash the regular clothes) and grab your bow and hunt.
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:01 am

Spysar wrote:Drive to your access point, and hide your gear quickly. Then park and walk to your access point in regular clothes. Get to the access point, slip on your hunting clothes(stash the regular clothes) and grab your bow and hunt.

Thousands of $ of gear?
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:07 am

Zap wrote:
Spysar wrote:Drive to your access point, and hide your gear quickly. Then park and walk to your access point in regular clothes. Get to the access point, slip on your hunting clothes(stash the regular clothes) and grab your bow and hunt.

Thousands of $ of gear?

I said stash it, not leave it in plain sight. I'm pictureing a place with little traffic, and he just doesn't want to park there for hours..I guess it would depend on the situation.
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:12 am

Take 2-back packs and un-sew the bottoms and attach together.
Place bow and gear in new bowpack and bicycle in.
For that matter just buy a duffle bag and attach shoulder straps...

Assumming you will have a stand hung, as high and thick as you can - I would be willing to bet no one would ever see you!
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
rochester coops

Unread postby rochester coops » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:25 pm

Thanks guys, some good advice. Getting dropped off might not really be an option as its about an hr away, plus being heavy traffic its still kinda advertisement. Might be able to get my bow in a real big bag.
gjs4
500 Club

Unread postby gjs4 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:56 am

Need a ride? lol

White tshirt in the windowlike youre broke down... :whistle:
Green and growing... Or red and rotting
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:48 pm

Zap wrote:

Thousands of $ of gear?

I do it all the time. Your odds are better of winning the mega millions then someone finding and stealing your gear in under 20 minutes.
FRH
500 Club

Unread postby FRH » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:40 am

Just make sure whoever drops you off picks you up later. 2 years ago I had my brother drop me off in the morning 2nd week of nov. pretty chilly out but I stuck it out all day. Well I call him at closing and he decided to go duck hunting with a buddy with my boat. I was so mad I hung up hid my gear on side of road and walked 3.5 miles home. At least the next day he showed up on time.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:53 am

FRH wrote:Just make sure whoever drops you off picks you up later. 2 years ago I had my brother drop me off in the morning 2nd week of nov. pretty chilly out but I stuck it out all day. Well I call him at closing and he decided to go duck hunting with a buddy with my boat. I was so mad I hung up hid my gear on side of road and walked 3.5 miles home. At least the next day he showed up on time.

Ouch, that would get a man's blood boiling.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Milk Weed Seed
500 Club

Unread postby Milk Weed Seed » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:04 pm

I Know a guy who is an excavator, when glassing on the side of the road he has set up traffic cones and a transit and made it look like he was a surveyor. Not to tip off other hunters. I've thrown a pair of biomos on and carried a bird watchers field guide when scouting state land. Just think outside the box and be creative you'll figure out something.

[glow=red]Happiness is only a gut pile away[/glow]

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”