hunting disguises

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jon

Re: hunting disguises

Unread postby jon » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Sounds like all my hunts. I usually just drop off my gear and walk back. Nobody ever caught onto to me yet. Of its more than mile or two I get my wife or daughter drop me off. They actually enjoy seeing how "foolish" I can get. It works!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:11 am

I hunt several places where I have to keep my presence unknown to traffic. It is very hard to do for me...one for the reason you mentioned..a drop off isnt a possiblity for me.

I have actually stopped where I was going to enter the woods, and drop off all my gear.

I drove back up the road a half mile or so.... made my trick window appear I was broken down. Walk back to the drop off site in plain clothes. Step out of sight from the road get changed and ready. Pain the for sure but it works.

One thing that hampers the plan a little... I had a guy stop to offer me help. Told him I was good, then he offers a ride, that I had to refuse... I think after all that he thought I was up to something. LOL
Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:34 am

Mike wrote:I thought about something like this for metro hunting, I came up with a decent sized backpack could fit a liberty archery bow, your camo or ghillie suit or ambush saddle and put your arrows in a cardboard tube sticking out of the backpack a little.

How do you go about getting permission to hunt Metro? It would be Columbus, Ohio where Im at. Thanks in advance!
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:57 am

Sweet Shot 7 wrote:
Mike wrote:I thought about something like this for metro hunting, I came up with a decent sized backpack could fit a liberty archery bow, your camo or ghillie suit or ambush saddle and put your arrows in a cardboard tube sticking out of the backpack a little.

How do you go about getting permission to hunt Metro? It would be Columbus, Ohio where Im at. Thanks in advance!

I know Ohio lists some controlled hunts on their website. For the city itself if its not someones land I would think you need to go knock on the courthouse doors to find out. I imagine in some of these urban units you will need a bowhunters certification also. I believe you will see a lot of states require it anyhow in the future so just kill that bird before getting a spot becomes a job.
NatureBoy
500 Club

Unread postby NatureBoy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:09 am

I have a spot like that. I drop off my gear, park and walk back in street clothes.
Scout, scout, scout, hunt

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”