The Beast has totally consumed me!!!!!!!!!

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: The Beast has totally consumed me!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:05 am

MarkTwain wrote:I'm a big timber guy too, and most of my hunting friends just dont have the patience for the often slower pace. And yet I've consistently taken the largest bucks, usually having seen a tenth of what they have.

But I'm also the guy Dan's post referred to. I rotate stands, change general areas most years but stick with just a few sets. Will use wind and lunar charts to pick a stand, but I'm still just waiting to get lucky.

I've taken a targeted buck a few times, the best one with a bow. But only after basically giving up and changing areas. Killed him during the rut, and not only could I not tell you why he was there, imagine the chance to kill him where I did was a one shot deal.

I try to follow some simple principals, but for the most part I've just beaten the odds in taking mature bucks. And that is why I'm here, to learn a discipline that will lead to a more deserved success hopefully. May be getting too old to consistently put the work in, but have a house full of up and coming hunters. Looking forward to developing this approach and hoping to strike the same passion for public land hunting with them that I have. Hard for a youngster to reconcile what they see on tv to what they experience when hunting with Dad.

Probably won't post much, but will be reading. Love the site.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Welcome to the Beast.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Beason
500 Club

Re: The Beast has totally consumed me!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby Beason » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:57 am

Plain crazy.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”