Camouflaging Public Stands

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Troutking

Re: Camouflaging Public Stands

Unread postby Troutking » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:50 pm

Where I hunt on PL guys tend to get lazy and set where other hunters have been. They see a stand and often think, maybe this is a good spot and hunt. I don't want any sign that I have been there. When I park my car I pay first attention to how it effects the deer, I may park way far away and come in a route where the deer don't expect. However, secondly I am concerned with where my car is at in relation to other hunters. They probably don't care but its my mentality when I hit the woods. My stand gets carried in and out each hunt. I will go out on a limb here. It sounds cheesy and goofy but I try to imagine myself as a ghost floating in and floating out, no people or animals knowing I am there. Obviously the deer smell me later, but when I am in the woods, they don't know. Sounds silly but this helps me get in a zone.

The less you have the more you got so don't you cry for more--Widespread Panic
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Re: Camouflaging Public Stands

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:07 pm

Troutking- making a conscious effort to remain undetected while approaching or exiting a stand can go a long way toward being successful on the hunt. 8-)

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”