Ohio Public; Tires shot!?

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

P.A.Hunting

Ohio Public; Tires shot!?

Unread postby P.A.Hunting » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:50 am

Was listening to the podcast this morning heading into work and Josh mentioned that someone in Ohio had two of their tires shot out while hunting. Was wondering if whoever it was this happened to is on here by chance, would like more info on it if possible.

I’m in Ohio myself now and and am all over the state but the most I’ve gotten is a few notes on my windshield.

Stay safe and alert out there beasts!!

“If you hunt like everyone else, expect results like everyone else!” - Dan Infalt
Hawthorne
500 Club

Re: Ohio Public; Tires shot!?

Unread postby Hawthorne » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:34 am

Wow that sucks
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:59 am

Jeeze crazy.
Perhaps they should focus on being a better hunter then trying to run off the competition.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Wall hanger

Unread postby Wall hanger » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:08 am

I’ve had many trips to Ohio over the last 8 years and the biggest problem we ran into was the locals running dogs when they saw us parked in certain areas. At first we thought nothing of it until we started seeing the same group of dogs in multiple spots that were miles apart.
Trout
500 Club

Unread postby Trout » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:09 am

I had someone kick/punch my car down there last year, left a pretty good dent. To be expected down there with Michigan plates, probably gonna get worse if U of M keeps winning :lol:
hunting_dad
500 Club

Unread postby hunting_dad » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:46 am

Tennhunter3 wrote:Jeeze crazy.
Perhaps they should focus on being a better hunter then trying to run off the competition.

This ;) I’m amazed at the hate and jealousy and unwelcoming attitudes of so many people because someone from somewhere else wants to hunt deer. How about you just try to get better on your end instead of harassing people? On the other hand, if they’re constantly distracted by people and it takes their own time away from the woods, I guess that’s a win for the good guys :D :lol:

Fact of the matter is…you’re not stopping a Beast
OH nontypical
500 Club

Unread postby OH nontypical » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:43 am

Not sure why anyone wants to hunt in Ohio….no bucks here. :D

ODNR could alleviate some of these tensions by limiting out of state tags like other quality minded states and also by charging a little more considering how crowded areas of of Ohio are becoming during November. I have always felt tags here are undervalued considering the real possibility of running across a true giant in Ohio.

Still no excuse for damaging anyone’s property.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:55 am

OH nontypical wrote:Not sure why anyone wants to hunt in Ohio….no bucks here. :D

ODNR could alleviate some of these tensions by limiting out of state tags like other quality minded states and also by charging a little more considering how crowded areas of of Ohio are becoming during November. I have always felt tags here are undervalued considering the real possibility of running across a true giant in Ohio.

Still no excuse for damaging anyone’s property.

True but most states could produce monster bucks if they were better managed. Michigan has a terrible dnr. I can't blaim some states hunters for going to better states.
If states were managed better most wouldn't leave to hunt elsewhere part of the fault isn't the hunters but the states dnr,regulations.

I'm not so sure raising the price would help most can't pay their credit cards anyway they would just charge it no matter how high it got raised too. Our average citizen is in debt so deep they will never pay their debt off anyway.

We just saw banks in Canada when collapsed forgive everyone's debt if they owed 5k or 50k. Our society is realizing debt doesn't really matter since like crypto our currency isn't real.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
cspot
500 Club

Unread postby cspot » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:04 pm

When I started hunting Ohio there was horror stories out there about hunting in Ohio with out of state plates. Honestly, (Knock on wood) I have never had an issue and the people I have run into have always been pleasant.

That being said there are some jackwagons out there so anything is possible. :lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”