Feeling much better today.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

sticknstringarchery

Feeling much better today.

Unread postby sticknstringarchery » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:20 am

I am a student at a comunity college and had to do a 5 minute safety talk in a class today. My major is Industrial engineering so we have to do things like that from time to time. I did one on tree stand safety harnesses. This opened a window of oportunity for me to talk to a few of the people in my class and another class about hunting after class was over.

So I have posted some lately about not seeing any deer lately while hunting. Guess what, everyone else in the area is in the same boat. I talked to 3 other hunters from all over my county and they all said the same thing. The latest sighting while on stand out of any of us was 2 weeks ago. After talking to them for a few minutes we all remembered it happening just like this last season and the others said it is usually like this about this time every year.

I feel relieved and am waiting on Saturday.

Dewey

Re: Feeling much better today.

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:26 am

When I go for a long stretch without seeing deer I try to keep a positive attitude by thinking that things can change in a matter seconds and the buck of your dreams can come walking by.

Hang in there and good things will happen. :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
sticknstringarchery

Re: Feeling much better today.

Unread postby sticknstringarchery » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:44 am

Dewey wrote:When I go for a long stretch without seeing deer I try to keep a positive attitude by thinking that things can change in a matter seconds and the buck of your dreams can come walking by.

Hang in there and good things will happen. :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

I am tryin too. I am going to stay out till Friday and check my cams Friday afternoon, then hunt Sat morning. I'm also just going to hunt does this weekend and then try my hand at my target buck the following weekend staying away from his bedding area. Who knows he may walk out when I am hunting for doe. I did miss that buck while in a stand I had set up for taking a doe.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”