Ghost Bucks What to do?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Chasman

Ghost Bucks What to do?

Unread postby Chasman » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:03 pm

I have two bucks on camera multiple times. One is a giant will post pics when I get to my PC. All pics are night. I have pics from last year as well. Overall I feel these guys are not huntable. Giant just showed. I have off all week. Last day only a nubbie. Would you try and hunt them or move on?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Zap

Re: Ghost Bucks What to do?

Unread postby Zap » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:37 pm

No buck is unhuntable.
This may be the wrong week, and you may nedd more info about its habits.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Chasman

Unread postby Chasman » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:51 pm

Zap. Thanks reply. I guess I should have worded question differently. I know land well. And still can't get on one of them yet.its hard to stick and stay and try to make it pay. All eggs in one basket sort of speak. Will try a day org so and then move on. Maybe.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:03 am

In my opinion it depends on wether or not they are bedding on your property... If so, you should be able to catch them near there beds in daylight. But if there bedding on the neighbors and only moving on your place at night your out of luck. You could get lucky in the cruise phase and have them come thru in daylight ( especially late morning ) but if these are truly mature bucks they might not participate during daylight. Especially if they live in a pressured area.
Personally, I would try and guess where there bedding and move close. If it don't work move on. If you have not seen these bucks on camera till now, it might be there cruising the property for does at night. You could still get lucky if they find a hot doe and stay on the property with her. Hunting downwind of doe bedding areas when breeding occurs might work.
Chasman

Unread postby Chasman » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:46 am

Thanks for reply Dan. I know the bigger one does not bed here the other one maybe. Have hunted close to where I think one may bed. Seen a six this morning. Power scouted other area clear cut next to cornfield good tracks he might be in there now. Going to move in tonight. Thanks. Trick or Treat!!

Poison4504

Unread postby Poison4504 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:45 pm

Chasman, I am in the same boat as you. Have a couple nice bucks on the cam during the night but they arent on the land I hunt. I am just gonna sit my stands where i know the bucks travel. Pack a lunch and hang out for the day this time of year. Good luck, Hope you get a crack at them.
Chasman

Unread postby Chasman » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:19 pm

Long story short. Here are the pics of the Ghost Bucks. The 9pt has shown up more than the SLOB. I have only seen a buck of this caliber before once. What a buck. Had a grind this week. Hunted long and hard. No visuals of either. Deer in general were not playing, or I did not know their game. Learned alot about what I should have done through summer. ImageImage
[img][/http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr91/voight2/SUNP0140.jpg[img]
[img][http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr91/voight2/SUNP0141.jpg/img]

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”