This sucks.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

TreeRat

This sucks.

Unread postby TreeRat » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:59 pm

I can’t really explain how I feel right now. I made what looked to be a great 15yds shoot on a BIG buck,trophy for Me on Quantico MCB. When I found my arrow my heart sunk I must have hit the shoulder only 3 inches made it in. I spent the rest of the day making sure he did not go down somewhere. In 4-500yds I found about 5 drops of blood and then lost it. I tried to zig zag the area to pick up the trail again but could not find any blood and now I am jumping deer.
I had a lot of time riding home to think it all over and still can’t believe what happen.
Stuff happen I just wish it didn't happen with this one.

Do you think he will avoid the area now?

muddy

Re: This sucks.

Unread postby muddy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:00 pm

He will avoid the area until he has his nose up a does but then he will care less where he is. Perfect time of the year for a mess up because that bucks mind will soon be on other things.

Get back in the tree and shake it off.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:37 pm

Bummer, but keep at it.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
U.P. MAN
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:42 pm

Get right back in the saddle.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
G3s
500 Club

Unread postby G3s » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:13 am

I wouldn't be surprised to see that deer in the same area again soon...he may avoid the exact location for awhile, but would not be at all surprised to see him circle that area with a hundred yards or so
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:17 am

3" plus the tip, or 3" including the tip? Ive heard of hits like this, but dang never saw one in person. Keep an eye on your trail camera(s) and see if he shows up. Deer are tough, I'm sure he will still be roaming the area. Not sure Id hunt that same stand location thinking you could get another shot at him though.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:15 am

dont dwell on it, you'll ruin the rest of your hunting season. get right back out there.
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!
TreeRat

Unread postby TreeRat » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:51 am

Thanks, I have planed on going back in on Tuesday,Wednesday,and Maybe Monday afternoon if I can get out of work. While I was tracking him I found some real big rubs on 6 inches trees. I might move up a little and see what happens. Can you have a jinked tree/spot,you do everything right and then Bam WTF..... I missed a 10pt 2 years ago in the same tree didn't hunt this spot last year.

Kernn 3 inches with a Slick Trick. a second chance at him would be sweet that would make my season. even if I didnt get a shoot I would like to know hes still around.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”