Should I hunt it again in the mornig?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

sticknstringarchery

Should I hunt it again in the mornig?

Unread postby sticknstringarchery » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:15 pm

I posted the Analise (I realize I spelled it wrong now Analyze) This Stategy please. Long story short, The wind changed dirrection on me about 2 hours into the sit and was blowing right into his bedding area so I packed up and backed out to go try my luck with the does. Nothing came of that either. It has been raining on and off all day and is supposed to rain all night long and into the morning. I like hunting in the cold rain, I know sounds strange but, I just enjoy sitting and listening to the rain fall and breahing in the cold air. Killing a nice deer would top it off.

While on stand I noticed two new scrapes that werent there three weeks ago when I went to check out activity. I plan on setting up in another tree closer to the shelf and the edge of the pine thicket where he was bedding.

One of a couple things I am not to crazy about going in the morning is our new bear family that has a cub we cought on camera. There are signs they have been in the area also. I don't know anything about bears and as far as I know these are the first to be cought on camera in our area.

Besides the bears, I would be concerned he may have winded me whithout me knowing it. Rifle season opens next weekend and I know if he wonders onto our neighbors property he probably wont be seen again.

Should I set up on him in the morning or just hunt for does in another stand I am pretty sure I will have a chance at a doe. I haven't arrowed a deer yet. This will be my first. What say you?

wmihunter

Re: Should I hunt it again in the mornig?

Unread postby wmihunter » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:17 pm

dunno what to tell you-hunting often is an educated guessing game
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:43 pm

If your messing around killing your buck producers (does) you can't kill a buck.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
U.P. MAN
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:59 pm

Bears won't bother the deer or you.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
sticknstringarchery

Unread postby sticknstringarchery » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:33 pm

I have decided not to hunt this morning. My body just doesn't feel right. It is still raining which doesn't bother me but what does is th wind gust are stil around 10-15mph. From what I have experienced here so far is the movement is very little to none when gust are this high. This afternoon and Sunday morning is looking much, much better.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:49 am

Stanley wrote:If your messing around killing your buck producers (does) you can't kill a buck.

THATS SOLID ADVICE... You only have so much time on your hands to kill a buck. If thats your goal you should concentrate on it till you get the job done.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”