Rut updates

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

rochester coops

Rut updates

Unread postby rochester coops » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:15 pm

I hunt western Ny and 2 days ago had a mature buck out feeding in the beans with a lone doe by 4:10pm. I assumed it was nothing serious, he didn't even chase her, but thought it odd that he was out that early.

Tonight I hunted the same area and saw 7 fawns and possibly 1 yearling doe together. Wondering where all the family groups were tonight. Saw a young buck running the fawns around a little. That made me reavaluate what I saw a couple nights ago. Now I think that mature buck was possibly locked down w/her. what do you think? All those fawns momma's must be busy w/something right. Does seem a little early, but every yr by NOV 1 I see a buck locked on a doe in my area.

What are you seeing?

rochester coops

Re: Rut updates

Unread postby rochester coops » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:45 pm

Oops. Didn't see the other thread on " rut reports" already. :oops: Maybe this should be moved there?
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Rut updates

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:15 pm

It's ok.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”