Standing Corn........

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Reflex011

Standing Corn........

Unread postby Reflex011 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:27 am

I will be in Hill Country all next week. Talked to the farmer last night and they still have most of the corn standing :? . We only get one week to hunt it, so to me studying and making maps(which I do for a living :) ) is a HUGE help!!! Also I have watched the Hill Country DVD 2x this week, and will be viewing it once more this weekend. Anybody have any insight what works this time of year when it comes to properties with standing corn? In years past, i have seen big bucks bedded in the corn, not bedded in the corn, scent checking the downwind edge, chasin does out of the rows, etc. It seems that there is really no good way to go about pinpointing a mature bucks habits when it comes to standing corn. Our fields are all on the "tops" of the ridges and at the bottom is the river and creek bottoms. So I was planning a couple setups over two known buck beds on the side of a point coming off a ridge. Should I still pursue these bedding areas? Any insight or different strategies should at least get my gears grinding to lay a big boy down. Thanks!!
Eric

[glow=red]Aim Small. Miss Small.[/glow]
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Re: Standing Corn........

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 am

My spot has a bunch of standing corn as well...they seem to patrol the downwind edge of it during pre-rut/rut. I try and hunt between the corn and the best bedding areas or funnels connecting the two.
When better is possible, good is never good enough

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”