weathers looking good

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

weathers looking good

Unread postby BigHunt » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:20 pm

snow/rain for tommarow ....its looking good for wisconsin ...i have to say this is one of the coldest fall ive seen in a wile...since like 2008 i think :? the temps next week are going to be in the lower 50s and some 40s and in the mouring around 30 8-) 8-) 8-)

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Southern Man
500 Club

Re: weathers looking good

Unread postby Southern Man » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:15 am

September was the coolest we've had in several years. October hasn't been bad but it's still not as cool a fall as we used to have. We use to get a good killin frost by mid / late October and have only had a lite frost so far. Leaves are just startin to turn.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
kwaldeier
500 Club

Unread postby kwaldeier » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:01 am

MO Cant decide what it wants to do lol 80 yesterday, 50 today and tomorrow and then up to 65 Thursday
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:12 am

Snow is actually pretty late this year up north. I see northern Vilas County finally got some yesterday. There were plenty of years where first measurable snowfall was during the first week of October.

Looking good around here for temps and hope they don't rise any more than they are predicting. Looking like almost 60 degrees again by Tuesday. :x Any more than that and it will kill daytime movement.
sticknstringarchery

Unread postby sticknstringarchery » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:25 am

Its been a roller coaster here. Opening weekend, moring of opener it was in the high 30's low 40's. The next 2 weeks didn't get below 60 at night and in the 80's durring the day. Then it dropped again for a few days and this week mid to high 70's. Temps are supposed to start dropping again over night tonight. By Friday it is looking good again. 51 for a high overcast with a 50% chance of rain. I can't get in an all day sit cause school but, I will be there from 11am till dark this time.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:28 am

Cooler weather gets the blood pumping to hunt. That is for sure.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
lynchpin

Unread postby lynchpin » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:55 am

Skipped work this morning... I was diagnosed with "buck fever" I believe I got it after looking at the weather forecast last night for this morning here in Central East Iowa... 40 F and NW wind at 10-15 mph... 2.5 year old bucks and younger were grunting and chasing does all over the place ... right at first light and let up at around 10 am...no shooters today... but good video and exciting!

All day off tomorrow...with the same weather pattern... plan on sitting close to where I missed a giant last season... I have a score to settle... missed him last year this week... 4.5 year old... public land!

good luck to all... pre-rut is kicking in....
go DEEP or go HOME

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”