Rut reports...........

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Rut reports...........

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:47 am

Since were getting close to prime time rut action I thought it would be interesting to start a thread and use everyone's posts to track progress of the rut.

So far where I hunt in SE WI other than increased rub and scrape sign I have not seen much for increased daytime movement. Pretty sure this will change very rapidly when the temps drop later this week.

Anybody seeing any increased buck movement?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

BigHunt

Re: Rut reports...........

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:55 am

i havent seen anything but at work it was buzzing with rut talk ....there moving there ruting there chasing ....i dont know what to belive :roll: untill i see it my self
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:02 am

Everyone's a little anxious but realistically we are 7-10 days away. But everyday is a little better from here on out for buck movement in daylight hrs.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
blackwolf
500 Club

Unread postby blackwolf » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:40 am

My weekend scout and stand setup trip showed increased movement by the Big Boys just starting in far N. Wis. Should be action when I start my 18 day hunt this Friday.
Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Unread postby Dor » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:51 am

blackwolf wrote:My weekend scout and stand setup trip showed increased movement by the Big Boys just starting in far N. Wis. Should ibe action when I start my 18 day hunt this Friday.

This week is a GREAT week to kill bucks. Get in a tree.

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
Hunter74

Unread postby Hunter74 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:00 am

In central Wisconsin I havnt seen any rut activity yet. Also I haven't gone out in the woods to specifically look for them but I haven't come across any scrapes while out. But I have seen a few more rubs pop up and from the looks of it the majority of them were made by younger bucks.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:09 am

saw some fresh scrapes and rubs over the past few days....heard one grunting on saturday too but never saw it. This was in south/central WI. Customers at work have been hearing some grunting and small buck chasing in central WI...seems like the younger boys are starting to get going here. Should see some better daytime mature buck movement in less pressured areas any day I would imagine. Get up a tree!
When better is possible, good is never good enough
Haus86

Unread postby Haus86 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:27 am

Had a 1.5 year old buck chase a doe and a fawn around my stand in Kingston, WI on Saturday, the 22nd.
Beauford

Unread postby Beauford » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:09 pm

Last year at this time I was hunting over scrapes as big as the hood of a car, not seeing much for sign with any rubs or scrapes. Let you know after this weekend I plan on hunting Thursday night and Friday morning hope its good. All this talk makes it hard to go to bed.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:12 pm

Beauford wrote:Last year at this time I was hunting over scrapes as big as the hood of a car, not seeing much for sign with any rubs or scrapes. Let you know after this weekend I plan on hunting Thursday night and Friday morning hope its good. All this talk makes it hard to go to bed.

ya this talk is making me nervous about my hunt i hope the best part hasent come and gone and there in lock down allready by the weekend :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigRed

Unread postby BigRed » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:22 pm

Way to early for lockdown... things are just gettin goin.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:25 pm

BigRed wrote:Way to early for lockdown... things are just gettin goin.

i hope so last year i was in western wi from oct30 -12nov and about the 7-8 they were in lock down allready the only time i seen a buck was when a hot doe would come buy

i hope this cold weather dosent move it to quick
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:28 pm

i think im just worrying to much :lol: :lol: :lol: lighten up tyler its only a cople day away
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigRed

Unread postby BigRed » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:40 pm

Hey at least you only got a couple days :lol: , i got 3.5 weeks to wait til 2nd Mn gun season for my week off. Will be hittin it hard this weekend though.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:42 pm

BigRed wrote:Hey at least you only got a couple days :lol: , i got 3.5 weeks to wait til 2nd Mn gun season for my week off. Will be hittin it hard this weekend though.

good luck this week end im also hittin it hard huntin all day
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”