Rut reports...........

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Re: Rut reports...........

Unread postby Czabs » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:55 pm

Sunday night I sat from 10:00am til dark. Saw a deer at 1:00pm not sure what it was. Half hour before dark I had a really nice 10 point buck come in out of range and a doe. Buck didn't seem to have does on his mind. Monday night we saw a spike buck and a couple of does. The spike buck moved through at 3:00pm and the does were at dark. Tuesday I sat from 2:00pm to dark. No activity until half hour before dark chasing and grunting was going on to the north of me about 60 yards away but I was set up in the wrong spot and couldn't see the deer. Weather has been putting a damper on things. This mostly all on public land.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:50 pm

Been awhile since anybody posted any rut reports. Seems like rutting activity is still going on pretty good today and I finally had a multiple buck day.........too bad they were all small yearling bucks!!

Had a forkhorn cruise past downwind at 3:00. Shortly after that a 5 pointer cruised by and just like the last one downwind following the trail I walked in on. :? Shortly before dark a 6 pointer came in chasing a doe. He seemed pretty hot on her and nose to the ground. After they went past another doe was following them shortly after.

Didn't see any shooters but it was nice to finally see some rutting activity. This has been a tough November for me up to this point and unlike any I can ever remember. Sounds like the wind is going to suck again tomorrow. :evil:
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:56 pm

Hunted Oneida county (northern WI) all day. I saw 6 bucks and no does. The big buck I posted in my journal...caught a glimpse of him about 100yards out at 2:30 in the afternoon. Deer are very unresponsive to calling. Saw bucks of all sizes today. Awesome day to be out in the woods.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”