Packing your stand up at night

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Footballer

Re: Packing your stand up at night

Unread postby Footballer » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:13 am

cornfedkiller wrote:
Footballer wrote:I've added two loops to my harness that allows me to carry two sticks on the way up when I hang the stand, and on the way down as I take my stand down.

Got pics of that?

I use a removable canopy tarp tie that is made from bungee material. Although the round orange ball is soft plastic and doesn't make much noise, I'm going to add a stealth strip to make sure it is silent.

You can add/remove the cord when you need it or you can keep it on your harness all the time. All you have to do is loop the tie around your belt and make a slip knot.

When I get to the base of my tree, I hang the first two steps. I then hook my bow/gun to my pull rope, throw my stand on my back, put my last two sticks in the bungee cord, and start up the tree. This way I only have to make one trip up the tree.

When I climb down, I put my stand on my back and attach the sticks to the bungee as I climb down.

BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Re: Packing your stand up at night

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:06 am

Footballer wrote:
cornfedkiller wrote:
Footballer wrote:I've added two loops to my harness that allows me to carry two sticks on the way up when I hang the stand, and on the way down as I take my stand down.

Got pics of that?

I use a removable canopy tarp tie that is made from bungee material. Although the round orange ball is soft plastic and doesn't make much noise, I'm going to add a stealth strip to make sure it is silent.

You can add/remove the cord when you need it or you can keep it on your harness all the time. All you have to do is loop the tie around your belt and make a slip knot.

When I get to the base of my tree, I hang the first two steps. I then hook my bow/gun to my pull rope, throw my stand on my back, put my last two sticks in the bungee cord, and start up the tree. This way I only have to make one trip up the tree.

When I climb down, I put my stand on my back and attach the sticks to the bungee as I climb down.

I like this. i could put those right on my belt loop I don't carry a pack but the belt loop would work. Thanks for the tip man I like the plan.

PTC how do you set up then? You climb each stick up and down then climb the stand up then climb down for your bow and camera arm? I like hooking the pistol grip to the bow that's a decent plan thanks dan.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”