Another enconter

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

Another enconter

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:59 am

went up to the land this weekend over all it was a good weekend ...saw 6 deer 5 doe and one small buck...found a bedding area this spring scouting ....i set up just off wind of the bed the deer came out early it was about 500 when he showed ...i took one look at the deer new it was no a shooter but relized its a deer ive got pic of all season long on the cuddebacks... he walked around for about an hour feeding on acorns and small buds and leaves... at one moment he stood ther for 37 minutes just looking around ...the wind was swerling like crazy it was 30-35 mph winds :shock: but i cant be leave it he didnt wind me as he walked buy ..he was 15 yards at one point ...know i just need a big to do that :roll: ...right before he came out i was checking the wind with the seeds and the thermal was taking it right up i think this is why he didnt smell me... i know he nothin big but another cool encounter ...

[bbvideo=425,350]http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h362/twlonewolf/?action=view&current=M2U00075.mp4[/bbvideo]

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Re: Another enconter

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:19 am

one crazy thing i saw on the way to the stand i came across this tree with all nutts perfectly piled in between these two logs :? :? :? realy strang ..i know now ones hunting but me so im puzzeld on how the got here...maby a squrrial put them there or chip munk ....dont know ...
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:21 am

8-) Cool, I will check the video out tonite. 8-)
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
adrenalin
500 Club

Unread postby adrenalin » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:46 am

Always fun watching and learning from deer regardless of size.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:55 am

adrenalin wrote:Always fun watching and learning from deer regardless of size.

100% agree
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
LiL Huntress

Unread postby LiL Huntress » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:10 pm

BigHunt wrote:one crazy thing i saw on the way to the stand i came across this tree with all nutts perfectly piled in between these two logs :? :? :? realy strang ..i know now ones hunting but me so im puzzeld on how the got here...maby a squrrial put them there or chip munk ....dont know ...

that is weird :?
DeereGuy

Unread postby DeereGuy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:19 pm

Nice job Big Hunt I enjoyed watching him. I haven't seen a thing in two weeks now. I did find 2 rub lines this weekend and a scrape that was just started. I hung a stand about 15 yards off the trail during the day today. I will hunt that next weekend.
Be safe and enjoy!
Bob
2011 Parker Enforcer
1976 Bear Kodaik Magum Recurve
Summit Viper SD climber
Ameritech Stackhouse ground blind
Grim Reaper 100gr. Razor Cut SS 3 blade 1.75 broadheads
2 Wildgame D8 trail cams
Bushnell Yardage Pro Sport 450 RF
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:20 pm

DeereGuy wrote:Nice job Big Hunt I enjoyed watching him. I haven't seen a thing in two weeks now. I did find 2 rub lines this weekend and a scrape that was just started. I hung a stand about 15 yards off the trail during the day today. I will hunt that next weekend.

good luck man
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:47 pm

BigHunt wrote:one crazy thing i saw on the way to the stand i came across this tree with all nutts perfectly piled in between these two logs :? :? :? realy strang ..i know now ones hunting but me so im puzzeld on how the got here...maby a squrrial put them there or chip munk ....dont know ...

Squirrels do crazy stuff man! I was at my dads house in the city this morning and I said "hey look at that squirrel in your garage" the little bastard was trying to hide or retrieve something in the bucket of waste oil we dump our oil in after changing it. The legs chest and some of the face of the squirrel were all oily and he took off running. They do weird stuff man and are definitely known to hid nuts in piles like that. What kind of nuts were they?

Neat encounter on the deer btw! When are you gonna stick the one you are after?
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:52 pm

BackWoodsHunter wrote:

Squirrels do crazy stuff man! I was at my dads house in the city this morning and I said "hey look at that squirrel in your garage" the little CENSORED FOR BAD LANGUAGE was trying to hide or retrieve something in the bucket of waste oil we dump our oil in after changing it. The legs chest and some of the face of the squirrel were all oily and he took off running. They do weird stuff man and are definitely known to hid nuts in piles like that. What kind of nuts were they?

Neat encounter on the deer btw! When are you gonna stick the one you are after?[/quote]

hopefully soon but my time is running short man ...thr pre rut is getting close and before long beast style hunting will be right out the window for bedds anyway ........all i can hope for know is during the rut one of them gives me a chance to kill them

how about you whats up with that big buck
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:54 pm

and didnt mean just 20 or so nutts ...but 100dreds of nutts piled :shock:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:50 pm

BigHunt wrote:
BackWoodsHunter wrote:

Squirrels do crazy stuff man! I was at my dads house in the city this morning and I said "hey look at that squirrel in your garage" the little CENSORED FOR BAD LANGUAGE was trying to hide or retrieve something in the bucket of waste oil we dump our oil in after changing it. The legs chest and some of the face of the squirrel were all oily and he took off running. They do weird stuff man and are definitely known to hid nuts in piles like that. What kind of nuts were they?

Neat encounter on the deer btw! When are you gonna stick the one you are after?[/quote]

hopefully soon but my time is running short man ...thr pre rut is getting close and before long beast style hunting will be right out the window for bedds anyway ........all i can hope for know is during the rut one of them gives me a chance to kill them

[glow=red]how about you whats up with that big buck[/glow]

Its not looking too good. Fall sucks for me man I need to get a lot of things in order to be able to hunt more. I will get out after that buck this weekend then not again til the 11th or so of November and I will only get a sit or two in then...kind blows. I wish I had more time.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”