Stealth Strips added to cables and Seat Upgraded

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Brandon
500 Club

Re: Stealth Strips added to cables and Seat Upgraded

Unread postby Brandon » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:44 am

Thanks Mike & Dor.

Just ordered. :mrgreen:

You can't kill em on the couch
NightwishMike
500 Club

Unread postby NightwishMike » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:54 am

Brandon wrote:Thanks Mike & Dor.

Just ordered. :mrgreen:

Sweet! That extra cushion helps me stay out longer for sure
gjs4
500 Club

Unread postby gjs4 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:15 am

I am guessing the new hunctcomfort seat offered by LW will not offer much more (such being able to be folded up or additonal packability) than this Gorilla. Anyone care to disagree?
Green and growing... Or red and rotting
Brandon
500 Club

Unread postby Brandon » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:32 am

gjs4 wrote:I am guessing the new hunctcomfort seat offered by LW will not offer much more (such being able to be folded up or additonal packability) than this Gorilla. Anyone care to disagree?

The seat is 60$... Im wont spend $60 on a seat. period.

The LW seat is made for the Alpha, we have Assualts.

The Gorilla seat is $25 bucks, along with Dor and a few others being happy, Im happy to try it.

I also suspect, if I only attach the front of the seat to the front of the seat platform, that when I fold it up I can flip the seat over the front to be on the bottom of the seat platform when you fold it up. Sounds confusing... but if it works Ill take some photos.
AC Rider
500 Club

Unread postby AC Rider » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:26 pm

Brandon wrote:
gjs4 wrote:I also suspect, if I only attach the front of the seat to the front of the seat platform, that when I fold it up I can flip the seat over the front to be on the bottom of the seat platform when you fold it up. Sounds confusing... but if it works Ill take some photos.

That sounds like it would work.. :shifty: When it's flipped around to the bottom it now eliminates all noise against the platform while packing. Right???
gjs4
500 Club

Unread postby gjs4 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:30 pm

I actually do have an Alpha
Green and growing... Or red and rotting
Brandon
500 Club

Unread postby Brandon » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:48 am

AC Rider wrote:
Brandon wrote:
gjs4 wrote:I also suspect, if I only attach the front of the seat to the front of the seat platform, that when I fold it up I can flip the seat over the front to be on the bottom of the seat platform when you fold it up. Sounds confusing... but if it works Ill take some photos.

That sounds like it would work.. :shifty: When it's flipped around to the bottom it now eliminates all noise against the platform while packing. Right???

I meant while folding the seat up against the tree while hunting, but that is a good idea also!
cornfedkiller
500 Club

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:53 am

Id be willing to bet that the stand post is far enough away from the tree that the seat will still fold up next to the tree just fine with the thicker pad..

And the LW seats are usually stiff enough that it will most likely stay up once you flip it up..
Brandon
500 Club

Unread postby Brandon » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:31 am

cornfedkiller wrote:Id be willing to bet that the stand post is far enough away from the tree that the seat will still fold up next to the tree just fine with the thicker pad..

I use the easy hook. That puts the stand much closer to the tree. You may be correct for the guys who use the batwing. I love my easy hooks they are not going anywhere ever!
cornfedkiller
500 Club

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:44 am

Brandon wrote:
cornfedkiller wrote:Id be willing to bet that the stand post is far enough away from the tree that the seat will still fold up next to the tree just fine with the thicker pad..

I use the easy hook. That puts the stand much closer to the tree. You may be correct for the guys who use the batwing. I love my easy hooks they are not going anywhere ever!

Gotcha..Your plan should work great for that then!
Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Unread postby Dor » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:16 am

The seat does hit a little bit, but it seems to stay upright on its own, though it does lean forward slightly. This is a non-issue for me because I tend to rest my legs up tight to the seat anyway and it would have no chance to fall forward. Since I sit 90% of the time I will take the extra cushion. :mrgreen:

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:19 pm

I agree completely with Dor. It is a bit big, but it still holds in the upright position.

I highly recommend Dor's kwik straps. I lay 5 sticks on my lone wolf (linked together, but on their side) and attach with 2 kwik straps. The straps hold everything rock solid with the gorilla seat; even when hiking in a couple miles. Plus carrying the sticks on their side makes the whole pack feel lighter as the weight is closer to your spine.

I use a couple extra bungees to carry clothes, pack, and other items. This keeps me from overheating on a long walk in.

You won't go back to the factory seat once you figure our how to use the gorilla seat.
NightwishMike
500 Club

Unread postby NightwishMike » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:48 pm

Brandon wrote:I use the easy hook. That puts the stand much closer to the tree. You may be correct for the guys who use the batwing. I love my easy hooks they are not going anywhere ever!

X2 I love that feature.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”