opinions on "when" to sit, during the rut ?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Schultzy
500 Club

Re: opinions on "when" to sit, during the rut ?

Unread postby Schultzy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:10 am

I should add that the 3rd week of October has been golden to me the last 4 years. I never hunted this part of October prior to the last 4 years, man was I missing out on some great hunting.

2007- The date was October 23rd doing an evening sit. 35 yards away, just out of range. Not sure how big he was but he was nice (no smaller then 130's).
2007- The date was October 24th doing an evening sit. Rattled In a 143 Inch buck, shot him and got him. This could've easily been the same buck I saw the night before (23rd).
2008- Didn't see much for good bucks all season. One of them years.
2009- The date was October 19th doing an evening sit. Big 150 class 10 point came by at 12 yards, shot high and never recovered him.
2010- The date was October 28th doing an evening sit. 2.5 hours before dark a 165 Inch class buck comes by at 30 yards, to far away for me.

Mid to late October has became my favorite time In the woods. The big guys aren't running yet but their getting out of their beds a little earlier In day light hours.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”