2005-2006 Gorilla Climbing Sticks

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Reflex011

2005-2006 Gorilla Climbing Sticks

Unread postby Reflex011 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:01 am

Hey Guys n Girls,

Wondering if anyone has seen Gorillas version of the Lone Wolf sticks about 5 years ago? I have a lead from a guy i know that he is selling these sticks because he quit hunting public land. I saw pics and they look identical to the LW sticks. Matter in fact when my buddy showed me the pic i assumed they were LW's. I was suprised when the guy told me they were Gorillas. He said that they weigh 3lbs each. The only thing different about them is the "feet" that hold tight to the tree, they are a little different. Also, they dont lock together like the LW's. He claims that LW went after Gorilla for a Patent lawsuit saying that the Gorilla sticks were too close. I did research and found nothing. Anyone hear of these or this lawsuit? Also, what do you think is a reasonable price for something you cant find anywhere, but is very similar to the LW's?

Thanks!!
Eric

[glow=red]Aim Small. Miss Small.[/glow]
ryanm

Re: 2005-2006 Gorilla Climbing Sticks

Unread postby ryanm » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:34 am

Don't know about a lawsuit, but I do have a pair of these, they do not stack very well.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:13 am

Leverage has a stick out that looks similar, but not the same. Somebody said Gorilla was making them for that company. On this site, comments were they are junk. I have not seen them personally, so I cannot comment either way. Look at them in person and see what you think. Part of what makes the LW so good is they pack well. Another good thing is the feet that touch he tree swivel, also a big plus. Id do a google search and see what they sold for back in 2005. I'm guessing not nearly as much as LW sticks and while the owner may think they are worth a lot looking at today's LW prices, I don't feel they are worth that much. Use LW sticks should bring a lot more then used Gorilla sticks.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:29 am

I have no idea what Gorrilla is doing now, but when we ist came out with the sticks Andrae did not patten them right away because he decided he needed to make the steps adjust both ways rather than having to keep the sticks left and right. The 1st ones had to be staggered or two steps would be on the same side...
Andrae took the sticks to a show to show to some outdoor writers and Gorrilla saw them and copied them to a T... Andrae then fixed the steps to pivot both directions which was a huge advancment and pattened them...

Make sure the steps pivot both left and right before you purchase...
Reflex011

Unread postby Reflex011 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:40 am

Dan if they do not pivot how could you even use them? The top peg and bottom of the next would be on the same side. I would assume they cannot be flipped upside down and used?
[glow=red]Aim Small. Miss Small.[/glow]
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:18 pm

Reflex011 wrote:Dan if they do not pivot how could you even use them? The top peg and bottom of the next would be on the same side. I would assume they cannot be flipped upside down and used?

Correct... They have to be staggered. A right hand version and a left hand... Back then they were sold in 3 packs so you would have to be carefull getting the forth one seperatly or you might have three left hands, ond one right hand...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”