Who know's the WI bowhunting laws ?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

Who know's the WI bowhunting laws ?

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:24 am

Let's say quitting time is 7:00 pm.

Now, does that mean, you can still be a tree with an uncased bow at 7:05, as long as you don't have an arrow knocked ? This is the way I think the law is enforced, but I'm curious, does anybody else have a different opinion ? I thought I have heard you need the bow in a case also, but I don't think that is so.

Anyone ?

Black Squirrel
500 Club

Re: Who know's the WI bowhunting laws ?

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:38 am

I believe if you do not have an arrow nocked, you are technically not hunting. So I believe you are correct.
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:54 am

This reminds me of that issue Andrae had with the DNR many years ago....I believe he was in the stand after hours so he wouldn't scare the deer and he didn't have an arrow nocked. I thnk thats what got him off the hook. Dan might have to confirm
When better is possible, good is never good enough
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:59 am

well, here is one of my concerns......

I sometime have to walk a half hour back to the truck from where I was hunting. Is it possible the DNR could say to me, " you are way too late getting out of the woods ", and fine me for afterhours ? I would think they would have to prove you were still hunting after hours, and not walking back to your vehicle, but nothing would surprise me with the DNR. It seems they have more power than any law enforcement, and could pretty much give me a ticket for whatever reason they want....

I have never been questioned, but always wondered if they could.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:29 am

RaisedByWolves wrote:This reminds me of that issue Andrae had with the DNR many years ago....I believe he was in the stand after hours so he wouldn't scare the deer and he didn't have an arrow nocked. I thnk thats what got him off the hook. Dan might have to confirm

The way I understand the law is that you are hunting if you have an arrow nocked. Unocked and technically you are ok... But like most things in our corrupt country there is a catch 22...

Andrae has a bit of a tresspassing/poaching problem on his Mennomanee falls property. He has just about to get down, and saw a hunter slipping thru the swamp towards his property with a gun. He stayed in his tree as the guy got closer hoping to catch him... He had his arrow un-nocked and in the quiver. When he came out of the tree and "caught" the guy, it was the warden that had been harrassing me and him at that property. In order to tresspass a warden just needs "a tip" and they don't have to give details about who gave the tip to anyone by calling it an "anomonous tipster" which dirty wardens use frequently to claim the right to tresspass.
The warden charged Andrea with hunting after hours even though he new Andrae stayed there cause of him... Andrae fought it and should of won the case because the warden admitted in court that Andraes arrow was not nocked, bvut rather in the quiver. However the liberal non-hunting judge said there is only one reason a hunter would be in a tree after hours and refused to listen to Andraes defense. He was found guilty in that case...
Harrasment by that warden has been so severe that I no longer hunt that property because I can't afford to fight him in court constantly.
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:53 am

That's pretty sad that a guy has to deal with that crap.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:56 am

dreaming bucks wrote:well, here is one of my concerns......

I sometime have to walk a half hour back to the truck from where I was hunting. Is it possible the DNR could say to me, " you are way too late getting out of the woods ", and fine me for afterhours ? I would think they would have to prove you were still hunting after hours, and not walking back to your vehicle, but nothing would surprise me with the DNR. It seems they have more power than any law enforcement, and could pretty much give me a ticket for whatever reason they want....

I have never been questioned, but always wondered if they could.

if a warden really wants to do that, ill just point my .357 at him and tell him to pi$$ off.
the dnr is a joke. really no system to ensure justice at all. they can even enter your house and search it without a warrent. they are the dnr. they are above the law. but seriously, i probably would just point my freedom defender at them and instruct them to tie themselves to the nearest tree while i left. then deny the whole thing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Youll take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking and a pile of empty brass and magazines at my feet." Image
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:13 pm

The law reads that you are only hunting if the arrow is nocked. If it makes you feel better, John Buss told me that which is our warden in our area when I was teaching hunter safety. Now the other warden in our area (Youngquest) would probably write you a ticket for it because hes a jerk.
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:14 pm

dan wrote:
RaisedByWolves wrote:This reminds me of that issue Andrae had with the DNR many years ago....I believe he was in the stand after hours so he wouldn't scare the deer and he didn't have an arrow nocked. I thnk thats what got him off the hook. Dan might have to confirm

The way I understand the law is that you are hunting if you have an arrow nocked. Unocked and technically you are ok... But like most things in our corrupt country there is a catch 22...

Andrae has a bit of a tresspassing/poaching problem on his Mennomanee falls property. He has just about to get down, and saw a hunter slipping thru the swamp towards his property with a gun. He stayed in his tree as the guy got closer hoping to catch him... He had his arrow un-nocked and in the quiver. When he came out of the tree and "caught" the guy, it was the warden that had been harrassing me and him at that property. In order to tresspass a warden just needs "a tip" and they don't have to give details about who gave the tip to anyone by calling it an "anomonous tipster" which dirty wardens use frequently to claim the right to tresspass.
The warden charged Andrea with hunting after hours even though he new Andrae stayed there cause of him... Andrae fought it and should of won the case because the warden admitted in court that Andraes arrow was not nocked, bvut rather in the quiver. However the liberal non-hunting judge said there is only one reason a hunter would be in a tree after hours and refused to listen to Andraes defense. He was found guilty in that case...
Harrasment by that warden has been so severe that I no longer hunt that property because I can't afford to fight him in court constantly.

Man that pisses me off, don't people have better things to do :roll:
When better is possible, good is never good enough
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:09 pm

dan wrote:

wow d@m those anti hunters :snooty: :naughty: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”