weird noise

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

rack addict
500 Club

Re: weird noise

Unread postby rack addict » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:23 am

AFter hearing that doe cough it was definately not that either. It was 10 times louder than that. I have no idea what it was I guess, it sounded agressive and just how loud and deep it was has me baffled.

rack addict
500 Club

Unread postby rack addict » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:34 am

It sounded closer to this but much much louder and deeper listen around 30 seconds

[bbvideo=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOKEeqo81WM&feature=related[/bbvideo]
Rutnstrut
500 Club

Unread postby Rutnstrut » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:37 am

rack addict wrote:I was just wondering if anyone had an experience hearing a weird noise from deer. Ive only heard it two times in my life while hunting. It sounds like a really deep but loud cough not sure how else to explaine it. A couple years ago I had a 6 point a few yards beside me, he stood as still as the night for 10 minutes then I heard this loud cough noise and here comes a 9 point walking in. They started sparring then I shot the 9 point. Then last evening while hunting I heard it again, a few minutes later some does started funneling through and once it got to the point where it was dark enough where you couldnt tell what was coming through I see this long body and I thought I seen some antlers but not sure. I was just thinking about it and wondered if anybody else has heard it before or knows what it is or why they do it.

You are not alone, I have heard the same sound many times. Every time I have heard it has been when bucks were aggressive towards another buck. Last year on a all day sit on Halloween day I saw and heard three different mature bucks make this sound. There was a hot doe in the area and they were all on her, interestingly I have never heard this sound from a younger buck, well that I know of anyway. This is for sure not a snort wheeze or a growl, a cough is exactly the way I would describe it also.
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:04 am

Cant say Ive ever heard that but thats interesting.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”