bows for woman

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

LiL Huntress

bows for woman

Unread postby LiL Huntress » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:01 pm

any sugestions on what bow to shoot ...what does your wives or girl freinds shot...

tyler wants to get me one in the spring so i can start shooting

im not very strong so somthing light weight

thanks

kenn1320
500 Club

Re: bows for woman

Unread postby kenn1320 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:04 pm

If Tyler is buying, GO BIG$$$$ :lol: With todays modern bows, 35lbs and up will do the job. There are several on the market that fit women/youth very well. My wife shoots a high country and it max's out at 36lbs. I shot a deer with it one year. Use a cut on contact type head and your good to go.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
LiL Huntress

Unread postby LiL Huntress » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:09 pm

kenn1320 wrote:If Tyler is buying, GO BIG$$$$ :lol: With todays modern bows, 35lbs and up will do the job. There are several on the market that fit women/youth very well. My wife shoots a high country and it max's out at 36lbs. I shot a deer with it one year. Use a cut on contact type head and your good to go.

Well im not cheap :lol: but its a hard decision, thanks for the tip :)
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:09 pm

Bowtech Heartbreaker! Awesome womans bow! Bought one for my Daughter.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:09 pm

LiL Huntress wrote:
kenn1320 wrote:If Tyler is buying, GO BIG$$$$ :lol: With todays modern bows, 35lbs and up will do the job. There are several on the market that fit women/youth very well. My wife shoots a high country and it max's out at 36lbs. I shot a deer with it one year. Use a cut on contact type head and your good to go.

Well im not cheap :lol: but its a hard decision, thanks for the tip :)

:shock: :? :? :roll:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
LiL Huntress

Unread postby LiL Huntress » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:12 pm

Indianahunter wrote:Bowtech Heartbreaker! Awesome womans bow! Bought one for my Daughter.

Thanks ill take that into consideration
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:20 pm

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
cornfedkiller
500 Club

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:44 pm

My girlfriend started out with a Diamond Razor Edge. It was a great bow, and really adjustable. Its pretty quick and really really smooth. She then upgraded to a mission eliminator II. Its a better built bow IMO, but its not as adjustable..
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Bowtech Soldier. Same riser and limbs as the Razors Edge. But better cams, better sight a string stop and a real Bowtech String. The string on the Razors Edge is a little cheap and very tough to keep the bow tuned. The whole package ready to hunt minus a release and arrows was 425 my girl shoots it great and I was very impressed with the quality. Perfect begginers bow for men or woman.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:30 pm

Sorry I didn't see the "I'm not very strong" part....You will work up though...it is more about form then strength. However 40lbs may be a bit much starting out which is the bottom for the Heartbreaker. The Bear apprentice is a youth/womens bow that would be a great starter bow. Very adjustable....once you decide you like shooting a bow and build some muscle memory you could always upgrade :D
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:15 pm

I don't know much about the differances in womens vs mens bows, but Forge bows (our sponsor) is always raving about his great womens bows. Not sure where all his dealers are you can PM him at "the ventalator" here on the BEAST or check out his website http://www.forgebow.com
I have been very impressed with both the quality and the price. Certanly worth checking out. And made right here in Wisconsin.
Last edited by DEERSLAYER on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed link
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:27 pm

Check this out. I'm pretty sure you will agree that it's a pretty sweet bow! It comes with everything. Including release, arrows, broadheads, etc. It's a very cool looking ladies bow and it should do a fine job of stacking deer like cord wood. ;) They even paper tune it for you and give you all the measurements so if something gets messed up you can get it back to where it was quickly. The brace height is short, but with short draw archers that is normally not a problem because the arrow gets off the bow so quickly. I have also referred several other people to this place over the years and they were very pleased with them. They will tell you what the set up chronographed at & a several other things. Of course you could always buy locally and put together your own set up, but it would likely cost quite a bit more and it might not look as cool! :mrgreen: Last I knew they would work with you on what's in the package if you want something different too.

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2011_Quest ... ackage.htm

Forge is a great (Awesome) option too if you don't mind the extra cash.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:19 am

dan wrote:I don't know much about the differances in womens vs mens bows, but Forge bows (our sponsor) is always raving about his great womens bows. Not sure where all his dealers are you can PM him at "the ventalator" here on the BEAST or check out his website http://www.forgebows.com
I have been very impressed with both the quality and the price. Certanly worth checking out. And made right here in Wisconsin.

thanks dan
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:31 am

DEERSLAYER wrote:Check this out. I'm pretty sure you will agree that it's a pretty sweet bow! It comes with everything. Including release, arrows, broadheads, etc. It's a very cool looking ladies bow and it should do a fine job of stacking deer like cord wood. ;) They even paper tune it for you and give you all the measurements so if something gets messed up you can get it back to where it was quickly. The brace height is short, but with short draw archers that is normally not a problem because the arrow gets off the bow so quickly. I have also referred several other people to this place over the years and they were very pleased with them. They will tell you what the set up chronographed at & a several other things. Of course you could always buy locally and put together your own set up, but it would likely cost quite a bit more and it might not look as cool! :mrgreen: Last I knew they would work with you on what's in the package if you want something different too.

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2011_Quest ... ackage.htm

Forge is a great (Awesome) option too if you don't mind the extra cash.

anything but pink dude ...shes hate pink :roll: ... i keep telling her the deer dont care what it looks like only you do
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
LiL Huntress

Unread postby LiL Huntress » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:34 am

dan wrote:I don't know much about the differances in womens vs mens bows, but Forge bows (our sponsor) is always raving about his great womens bows. Not sure where all his dealers are you can PM him at "the ventalator" here on the BEAST or check out his website http://www.forgebows.com

Thanks for the advice, Tyler said you talk a lot about these bows, I think we might check'em out. :D

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”