seen one of my targeted deer

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: seen one of my targeted deer

Unread postby dan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:50 pm

dan in differnt elevations do you see the thermal tunnel at differnt spots ... in some areas around my land the lower riges seem to have the thermal tunnel lower in elevation.....and in most of the highest ridges it seems that the tunnel is right over or right at the top of the ridge line ........one thing i also noticed is that the sharp step points have the current racing up the hill and some times the thermals are stronger than the actual pervaling wind those sistuation are hard to hunt for me cause i cant get above the tunnel ....but sometimes its good it throws my scent right up in the air and away
Getting the right spot wind wise can be a challenge tyler... Try to get your wind up high, but every situation is different, and sometimes my advice won't be accurate. Im not there with you, take what I and others say as an educated guess and hunt based on how you think you can keep the wind stream from getting to the buck...

Sounds to me like you did everything right on that hunt... The buck just did not move far enough for the kill... In the future you could use the moon guide to pick an evening there when you expect a slightly earlier arrival.

BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:54 pm

dan wrote:
dan in differnt elevations do you see the thermal tunnel at differnt spots ... in some areas around my land the lower riges seem to have the thermal tunnel lower in elevation.....and in most of the highest ridges it seems that the tunnel is right over or right at the top of the ridge line ........one thing i also noticed is that the sharp step points have the current racing up the hill and some times the thermals are stronger than the actual pervaling wind those sistuation are hard to hunt for me cause i cant get above the tunnel ....but sometimes its good it throws my scent right up in the air and away
Getting the right spot wind wise can be a challenge tyler... Try to get your wind up high, but every situation is different, and sometimes my advice won't be accurate. Im not there with you, take what I and others say as an educated guess and hunt based on how you think you can keep the wind stream from getting to the buck...

Sounds to me like you did everything right on that hunt... The buck just did not move far enough for the kill... In the future you could use the moon guide to pick an evening there when you expect a slightly earlier arrival.

i hear ya .. thanks for the post.....unfortiatly i wont be up there foe twoo weeks hopfully hes stil there... and i see the moon dates are for the 31 st and acople other dates i hope that the pre rut dosent affect him before i can try agin
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:57 pm

nice job dude hopefully next time you can stick him
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:13 pm

dan wrote:. Good job Tylor.

ITS tylER :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry had to do it dan
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:20 pm

BigHunt wrote:

Are you, of all people, seriously correcting someone for misspelling? ;) ;) ;) ;) :mrgreen:
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Mountain Man
500 Club

Unread postby Mountain Man » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:58 pm

muddy wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

Are you, of all people, seriously correcting someone for misspelling? ;) ;) ;) ;) :mrgreen:

And while we're on the spelling and grammar, I'll add that you "saw" one of your targeted deer and not "seen" one of your targeted deer.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:01 pm

dan wrote:One of the biggest hurdles a lot of young hunters face is knowing when "not" to shoot. Good job Tylor.

X2 Taylor!!! If he didn't cross your entry or exit routs and the wind was always in your favor you probably didn't hurt the spot.

BigHunt wrote:... then he cough or somthing like it went down the wrong pipe and scared the chit right out of me :lol:

It's a good thing I wasn't taking a drink when I read that! :laughing-lettersrofl: :laughing-lmao: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-lmao:

BigHunt wrote:....unfortiatly i wont be up there foe twoo weeks hopfully hes stil there... and i see the moon dates are for the 31 st and acople other dates i hope that the pre rut dosent affect him before i can try agin

I think that will actually be perfect timing Tyler. He should be up out of his bed earlier by then, but it's early enough in the season he shouldn't disappear due to the rut.

muddy wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

OMG that's good! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:02 pm

muddy wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

muddy ha ha ha very funny you dont have to pick on a minority :mrgreen:

ps......... I DONT GIVE A D@M WHAT MY SPELLING LOOKS LIKE :snooty: 8-)
ill be the first to admit im not good at spelling and my speech is wacked .......thats one problem i had in school i gess thats the reason i was in LD class :? :?
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:05 pm

:evil:
Mountain Man wrote:[

And while we're on the spelling and grammar, I'll add that you "saw" one of your targeted deer and not "seen" one of your targeted deer.

if you guys want to get tecnical than you better not mess up one D@M word or im going to be on your a$$ like flys on chit :mrgreen:

saw.... seen......what ever YOU GOT THE D@M POINT :evil:

and i dont like when people call me tylor or taylor
Last edited by BigHunt on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:12 pm

we need a spellchecker on here just for me :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:20 pm

DEERSLAYER wrote:
dan wrote:One of the biggest hurdles a lot of young hunters face is knowing when "not" to shoot. Good job Tylor.

X2 Taylor!!! :evil: :evil: :twisted: man
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:35 pm

BigHunt wrote:we need a spellchecker on here just for me :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
lol! What's browser are you using? Some have spell check In them.

Happy for ya on your hunt! A successful hunt doesn't always mean a buck on the ground. Congratulation's on almost getting er done.
Brandon
500 Club

Unread postby Brandon » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:31 am

cool encounter. keep at it. good job. :clap:
You can't kill em on the couch
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:27 am

Getting on a target deer and not closing the deal sure beats not seenig the buck you are after, nice work and go get him next time!

Also don't feel bad, I am a terrible speller, have a mild case of dislexia, and my fingers don't alwasy hit the right keys so I am basically a train wreck on the web. :lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”