bedding question

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

wmihunter

bedding question

Unread postby wmihunter » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:58 pm

I found what i believe to be a buck bed due to the hair and nice rub last spring. anyway, there are 2 existing stands in the hardwoods south of the creek. There is a lot of brush north of the bucks bed, there is redbrush and catails between the bucks bed and the creekImage

i am thinking he uses this bed on a north wind as he will have cover to the north and he can see the somewhat open swamp to the south. i can access a tree approx 40-50 yards south of his bed. i am thinking he would head north into the brush when he gets up to stage. any chance he would move south so I could get a shot? do y'all think he would bed here on a south or west wind?
the creek to the west and south minimizes people getting to this area. approx 1/4 mile north is a house development common area that i assume is not hunted. crops are to the west

purple line is the property line-the buck is bedding on the property line

Indianahunter
500 Club

Re: bedding question

Unread postby Indianahunter » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:27 pm

Is it possible to show more of the property including the crops to the West? This will help me determine the likeliness of a departure route.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:34 pm

He may be heading towards crops, oaks, or where ever... When you scouted the bed were you able to determine diretion or directions of travel?
wmihunter

Unread postby wmihunter » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:23 am

there are oaks to the east along the swamp transition near the property line. decent rub to west of bed headed toward the creek. hard to setup on this deer if he is heading west... very little cover in that direction...that is the direction of the crops though
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:05 am

During your scouting did you find any crossing points, in the creek? They like to cross at the same place.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”