ENOUGH

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Indianahunter
500 Club

ENOUGH

Unread postby Indianahunter » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:05 am

I have been thinking about something lately. There is a guy, a do it yourselfer whom I have a great deal of respect for and consider him to be of good character and an honest man, and am positive he is not seeing this from this perspective. Because of my respect for the guy I will not mention any names or reply to any PM's as to whom this guy may be. He has recently become sponsored by OZONICS. At first I thought this was pretty cool, he swears this thing works. The more I think about it the less I like the idea. Lets say (for any skeptics) it really does work 100%. Would you really want that? I was reading Dans section on here "ABOUT US" and I realized how much that really means to me. I love the sport because of the challenge "The Hunt". The only advantage a hunter can have over a whitetails senses is His or Her intellect and often time that becomes a very humbling experience. If you remove the deers advantage then what sense of accomplishment can you really have even if you shoot the next world record? Then hunting isn't hunting anymore, it's simply killing. What do you guys think? Am I being to radical about this? I think quality gear is different then removing your preys ability to survive against you.

God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: ENOUGH

Unread postby dan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:16 am

Great post Indy... I believe there is a post buried on here somewhere about if you invented real pixie dust and could stop a deer from smelling would you market it, or destroy it... Most said destroy.
I truly believe you have nothing to worry about with this flashy new product though. I really don't believe it works as it is marketed.
If I could take away a deers sense of smell, I know I could sneak up on them bedded with little difficulty and it would turn whitetail hunting into target shooting, or as you put it "just killing"
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:33 am

True enough. But we also must allow everyone to pick how they hunt and why they hunt. Divided we fall.
huntinnurse
500 Club

Unread postby huntinnurse » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:23 pm

Excellent response Todd!!!!!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:05 pm

Fair enough magic,and I agree. I would never say anything to him and am happy for his success. Just for me, I think I'll stay old school : )
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
PASwamper

Unread postby PASwamper » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:17 pm

I haven't seen this till now. Looks like a scam to me though. Wouldn't even consider blowing $300 on that thing! I'm sure I'll soon notice it popping up in hunting shows. And if something like that does work and has the power to eliminate scent from the atomosphere, is it really safe to have that thing sitting above your head ??? :? Then again I'm sure sitting in a treestand for a few hours a day inhaling ozone is good for your health ;)
BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:32 pm

ok guys....so lets say you use this scent eliminating product (ozonics) i think its called and kill a 5.5+ year old buck becuase the product did work. Well, the way I see it is that the buck got to be 5.5 years old becuase of his nose most likely. We all know how much smelling saves their lives! So if you use a product to eliminate your scent completely then arent you taking away the main factor why the buck got to the age he is at? So if you kill a 5.5 year old buck but you took away his greatest strength, did you really harvest that animal fairly or did you just kill him.

Im just starting to get into hunting tradewinds. I want to try to use topography with wind to my advantage. Im thinking about forgeting scent control becuase some of that stuff such as "cover scent" and other brands I wont say which, the deer smell and I dont believe they think its natural therefore no deer within bow range of you.
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:49 pm

Indianahunter wrote:Fair enough magic,and I agree. I would never say anything to him and am happy for his success. Just for me, I think I'll stay old school : )

Me too!
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:41 am

Ozonics? Hokus pokus. They are praying on the gullible. Stuff like this sells because of marketing. Since humans can't smell worth a crap, no one can prove that it works or dosen't work. If someone kills a buck with this contraption, who's to say that the buck could have been killed with or without it? I'll rely on old fashioned woodsmanship, and the things I've learned through the years.
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”