Moon CHarts ordering

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PredatorTC
500 Club

Moon CHarts ordering

Unread postby PredatorTC » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:00 am

For those of you who have ordered the murry moon charts, how long does it take to get them once you order them?

Cash 18

Re: Moon CHarts ordering

Unread postby Cash 18 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:03 am

I get mine through Cabelas, usually takes 3 or 4 business days tops
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:15 am

I got mine in less than a week
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:33 am

PredatorTC wrote:For those of you who have ordered the murry moon charts, how long does it take to get them once you order them?

If you have a Garmin Oregon the best Hunting and Fishing times listed on your GPS are right on with the moon charts. Instead of giving an exact minute like the chart the Oregon will give you a range for best movement. I have found it to be very accurate the last few years and will save $10 by not buying the Moon Chart anymore in the future.
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:27 am

If you have a Garmin Oregon the best Hunting and Fishing times listed on your GPS are right on with the moon charts. Instead of giving an exact minute like the chart the Oregon will give you a range for best movement. I have found it to be very accurate the last few years and will save $10 by not buying the Moon Chart anymore in the future.

Thanks Dewey, I wondered about that feature and if it was the same as the moon guides. Ive had days where things just aren't happening, looked at the gps and thought well the best time is in a little bit, hang tight. Of course I have [glow=red]NEVER[/glow] seen any correlation between the gps guide and deer movement, but admit its given me some false hope to stick it out on those few days I loose my motivation. :D
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:34 am

I got mine within a week of ordering from their site. Then about a month later they sent me a second one for no reason. :dance:
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:22 am

Dewey wrote:If you have a Garmin Oregon the best Hunting and Fishing times listed on your GPS are right on with the moon charts. Instead of giving an exact minute like the chart the Oregon will give you a range for best movement. I have found it to be very accurate the last few years and will save $10 by not buying the Moon Chart anymore in the future.

So how does this work? If a guy in Iowa has his Garmin moon times is it time adjusted for his location as opposed to what it says for me in SE Wisconsin?
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:36 am

KLEMZ wrote:
Dewey wrote:If you have a Garmin Oregon the best Hunting and Fishing times listed on your GPS are right on with the moon charts. Instead of giving an exact minute like the chart the Oregon will give you a range for best movement. I have found it to be very accurate the last few years and will save $10 by not buying the Moon Chart anymore in the future.

So how does this work? If a guy in Iowa has his Garmin moon times is it time adjusted for his location as opposed to what it says for me in SE Wisconsin?

You can also go to this website, it gives you the moon transit ( moon overhead ) for everyday in your zipcode.....

http://www.usno.navy.mil/USNO/astronomi ... one-day-us
U.P. MAN
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:03 am

I live in the up of michigan,ordered mine on friday,and got it on monday. It came from MN. The lady is super friendly i believe she does it out of her home. Im not sure if its jeffs daughter or who it is.
rack addict
500 Club

Unread postby rack addict » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:52 am

You can also use scoutlookweather.com. Ive taken a liken to that site. It has the scentcone which shows which way your scent is blowing not sure how accurate though. But it has the moon phases and tells you what times you should see minor and major activity.
BCam

Unread postby BCam » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:11 pm

rack addict wrote:You can also use scoutlookweather.com. Ive taken a liken to that site. It has the scentcone which shows which way your scent is blowing not sure how accurate though. But it has the moon phases and tells you what times you should see minor and major activity.

x2!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:13 pm

rack addict wrote:You can also use scoutlookweather.com. Ive taken a liken to that site. It has the scentcone which shows which way your scent is blowing not sure how accurate though. But it has the moon phases and tells you what times you should see minor and major activity.

Yea... We have a link to scoutlook up at the top of the forum page to the left.
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:35 pm

I downloaded a Time to hunt app on my Droid... Right on!! Free App too!! 8-)
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:52 pm

Damn
Dewey wrote:
PredatorTC wrote:For those of you who have ordered the murry moon charts, how long does it take to get them once you order them?

holy smokes, Put this to the test and its right on!
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:02 pm

http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”