Only at night!!!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

RUTIN
Facebook: Zach Taylor

Only at night!!!

Unread postby RUTIN » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:52 pm

These 3 have been on the same farm all summer but are only hitting the minerals and corn that I put out at night bc its in the bean field thats surrounded by 100's of acres of corn! Well now its time to move some cameras and try to locate them in a transition area. Got the urge to KILL one of these bad boys real soon and im thinking getting agressive is the only option. Once the corn comes off im screwed bc there is only fencerows with limited small 5 acres woodlots!

Zap

Re: Only at night!!!

Unread postby Zap » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:53 pm

Nice bucks.

All the corn around here has been cut for a month or so.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:54 pm

good luck with them there pertty nice bucks
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:29 pm

If it were me, at this point I would jump around hunting instead of jumping the cameras around. I got the feeling when you finally get the daylight pic your after you will have tipped off the buck by 1st putting the camera there. 1st time he smells human in his safe zone he should get shot, not get his picture taken.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:01 pm

If you know where to set the cameras between bedding and feeding that is where I would start hunting. If you set the camera up and get the buck on film he could be on to you when you decide to hunt. It is a double edged sword for sure. I have a camera set up to see if a buck from last year is using the same route as he did. The camera however is no where near where I'll set the stand up, this is the proper way to use the camera in my opinion. Once I have determined the buck is still alive and using the same route, I'll set the stand and hunt it. If the buck shows I'll have an opportunity. If he doesn't show the stand is still good for a later sit. Maximizing opportunities on small parcels is most important for success.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
RUTIN
Facebook: Zach Taylor

Unread postby RUTIN » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:02 am

Couldnt agree more with both you guys (Dan & Stanley), NO cameras have been moved yet but this property is basically a rectangle divided into 1/3's with fencerows in between. It goes corn/bean/corn and then the entire north proerty is corn, so I wanted to see which field they were coming from but on camera by setting the cameras on all 3 fencerows leading into the beans where they were all summer and not close to beds, but the more I think about it I will just get aggressive with the stands and do hang & hunts since I know they are in the area. I just worry about walking these fencerows to acces trees and bumping them. Either way the next two weeks I will be aggressive!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:40 am

Good luck... 8-)

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”