Muddy Bloodsport

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store


User avatar
Brandon
500 Club
Posts: 1426
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:24 am
Location: MD & VA
Status: Offline

Muddy Bloodsport

Postby Brandon » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:00 am

What do you guys think of the Muddy Bloodsport treestand?

Hald pounder lighter than LW, and seems to have a better seat.

They both can level seat and platform.

LW is going to be more quiet, but the Muddy rope system seems interesting... but not sure I could trust it on the stand.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/de ... ber=819424


You can't kill em on the couch
Bucky
Posts: 5521
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:35 am
Status: Offline

Re: Muddy Bloodsport

Postby Bucky » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:42 am

Checkout these....

http://www.leveragetreestands.com

They look good to me... cheaper and probably gonna give them a shot, at least for the hang ons. I will wait till they blow them out at the end of the year... I bet you can pick them up $125-140
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
User avatar
Brandon
500 Club
Posts: 1426
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:24 am
Location: MD & VA
Status: Offline

Re: Muddy Bloodsport

Postby Brandon » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:46 am

Bucky wrote:Checkout these....

http://www.leveragetreestands.com

They look good to me... cheaper and probably gonna give them a shot, at least for the hang ons. I will wait till they blow them out at the end of the year... I bet you can pick them up $125-140


Yes there is a thread about these on here somewhere....

That stand is 14lbs. verse LW @ 11lbs and Muddy @ 10.5lbs
You can't kill em on the couch
User avatar
Indianahunter
500 Club
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: Greensburg Indiana
Status: Offline

Re: Muddy Bloodsport

Postby Indianahunter » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:07 pm

I have been very intrigued by the Bloodsport all year. I have 3 Muddy stands and they are pretty good but do make noise and are not near as mobile as LW. If they had a cast platform, I would be all over it. As much as I love the rope cam system, I am saving up for an Assault.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
User avatar
BigHunt
Posts: 11861
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:50 am
Location: Wisconsin
Status: Offline

Re: Muddy Bloodsport

Postby BigHunt » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:09 am

Indianahunter wrote: I am saving up for an Assault.

personaly i hunted with my assult for years ... i just a got my alhpa this season and let me tell yo ill never hunt out of the assult agin ....alpha is the way to
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
User avatar
cornfedkiller
500 Club
Posts: 2420
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Iowa
Status: Offline

Re: Muddy Bloodsport

Postby cornfedkiller » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:23 am

Where are you getting the specs from? The specs I saw on Muddy show the Bloodsport as the same size platform as the Assault, but they are saying it weighs 13 lbs.. Not sure why so heavy, since they have a stand that is 10.5 already now, but nonetheless, thats what the specs say.

Also, I really do not see an advantage of the rope system...at all. It might be .5 seconds faster (maybe - but probably not, since you gotta do that whole loop/knot thing) and you can only run them one direction, unlike the straps and versa button, which will go around the tree both ways.

They are also only $10 less than an assault..And muddy makes some nice stands, but the quality is nowhere near the new LW stands IMO..
User avatar
Zap
Posts: 10061
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:57 pm
Location: OK, I am in Kansas.....
Status: Offline

Re: Muddy Bloodsport

Postby Zap » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:25 am

BigHunt wrote:
Indianahunter wrote: I am saving up for an Assault.

personaly i hunted with my assult for years ... i just a got my alhpa this season and let me tell yo ill never hunt out of the assult agin ....alpha is the way to


You really should send it to me, no sense letting it gather dust........
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
User avatar
GRFox
500 Club
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 6:59 am
Location: New York
Status: Offline

Re: Muddy Bloodsport

Postby GRFox » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:43 am

Zap wrote:
BigHunt wrote:
Indianahunter wrote: I am saving up for an Assault.

personaly i hunted with my assult for years ... i just a got my alhpa this season and let me tell yo ill never hunt out of the assult agin ....alpha is the way to


You really should send it to me, no sense letting it gather dust........


No no no no, send it to me Zap has way too manny treestand already.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
User avatar
Brandon
500 Club
Posts: 1426
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:24 am
Location: MD & VA
Status: Offline

Re: Muddy Bloodsport

Postby Brandon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:44 am

cornfedkiller wrote:Where are you getting the specs from? The specs I saw on Muddy show the Bloodsport as the same size platform as the Assault, but they are saying it weighs 13 lbs.. Not sure why so heavy, since they have a stand that is 10.5 already now, but nonetheless, thats what the specs say.

Also, I really do not see an advantage of the rope system...at all. It might be .5 seconds faster (maybe - but probably not, since you gotta do that whole loop/knot thing) and you can only run them one direction, unlike the straps and versa button, which will go around the tree both ways.

They are also only $10 less than an assault..And muddy makes some nice stands, but the quality is nowhere near the new LW stands IMO..


I got the specs from the link I posted above, however when I goto muddys website it does say 13lbs. I also read some reviews that said it weighs the same as the hunter pro, which is 10.5lbs. Know I have no idea? If its 13lbs there is no advantage.

The rope system is awesome, hands down. I did own there sticks the 1st year they came out (then they had a recall) but I sold them becauase at the time the tree brackets wouldnt move and I didnt want to put up 4 or 5 sticks when I could put of 3 or 4 LW sticks. I did love the rope system and to be honest its much quicker and much easier. 4 of there sticks weigh more than 3 larger LW sticks.. so again they loose.

The assualt is 20$ more, and well worth it... I agree.
You can't kill em on the couch
User avatar
cornfedkiller
500 Club
Posts: 2420
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Iowa
Status: Offline

Re: Muddy Bloodsport

Postby cornfedkiller » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:58 am

Brandon wrote:The rope system is awesome, hands down. I did own there sticks the 1st year they came out (then they had a recall) but I sold them becauase at the time the tree brackets wouldnt move and I didnt want to put up 4 or 5 sticks when I could put of 3 or 4 LW sticks. I did love the rope system and to be honest its much quicker and much easier. 4 of there sticks weigh more than 3 larger LW sticks.. so again they loose.


Alright I have no personal experience with the ropes, so I guess I was just assuming from what it seemed like in my head. I can see how the ropes would be awesome when hanging the sticks, which are directly in front of your chest, but what about on a treestand, that is off to the side of the tree? I can see how it would be really nice if the stand was on the right side of the tree (with you facing the trunk), but what if the stand is on the left side? Then the knot you need to tie in the rope would be on the backside of the stand post from you..right?

Maybe its not as difficult as it seems..I guess one clear advantage of the ropes would be that you dont have to worry about twists in it like you do with the straps - and you dont have to extend it, hook it, then tighten it - its all one motion, which would be sweet I guess...
User avatar
Brandon
500 Club
Posts: 1426
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:24 am
Location: MD & VA
Status: Offline

Re: Muddy Bloodsport

Postby Brandon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:12 am

cornfed,

I see your concerns. The rope system is easy, you could do it with your eyes closed. The knot you refer to is only a "half hitch" or a "safety".

What worries me is 2 ropes holding the stand, not sure I could trust it. Its no problem on the sticks.... but with ALL your weight on the stand for hours at a time makes me nervous.
You can't kill em on the couch
User avatar
RaisedByWolves
500 Club
Posts: 2441
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: WI
Status: Offline

Re: Muddy Bloodsport

Postby RaisedByWolves » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:23 am

we just got some bloodsports in at work...I will try and experiment a little if i have some extra time. The seat does look super comfy!
When better is possible, good is never good enough
User avatar
Indianahunter
500 Club
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: Greensburg Indiana
Status: Offline

Re: Muddy Bloodsport

Postby Indianahunter » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:17 am

cornfedkiller wrote:Where are you getting the specs from? The specs I saw on Muddy show the Bloodsport as the same size platform as the Assault, but they are saying it weighs 13 lbs.. Not sure why so heavy, since they have a stand that is 10.5 already now, but nonetheless, thats what the specs say.

Also, I really do not see an advantage of the rope system...at all. It might be .5 seconds faster (maybe - but probably not, since you gotta do that whole loop/knot thing) and you can only run them one direction, unlike the straps and versa button, which will go around the tree both ways.

They are also only $10 less than an assault..And muddy makes some nice stands, but the quality is nowhere near the new LW stands IMO..


The rope system is quick, but the main thing is super quiet. No buckles or anything to clank against.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
User avatar
Indianahunter
500 Club
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: Greensburg Indiana
Status: Offline

Re: Muddy Bloodsport

Postby Indianahunter » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:23 am

Brandon wrote:cornfed,

I see your concerns. The rope system is easy, you could do it with your eyes closed. The knot you refer to is only a "half hitch" or a "safety".

What worries me is 2 ropes holding the stand, not sure I could trust it. Its no problem on the sticks.... but with ALL your weight on the stand for hours at a time makes me nervous.


Those ropes are climbers ropes and are rated for something like 6000 lbs a piece. Secure knot and no problem.

I have yet to find a perfect stand. LW makes the best in my opinion, and I don't mind paying more for American made quality....my problem comes from stagnant innovation. You shouldn't have to pay that much money for a stand then buy am manufacture something extra to make the buckles quiet or buy different seats to make it comfortable. These are issues that I think LW would do well to address now that the patent has expired for the cast platform it will only be a matter of time when someone comes out with a much cheaper version unlike the Leverage which is nearly the same price...no gain....I don't even know why they put that on the market.
If Muddy made a cast platform they would put LW out of business in 2 seasons tops.....they need to start innovating again.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
User avatar
cornfedkiller
500 Club
Posts: 2420
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Iowa
Status: Offline

Re: Muddy Bloodsport

Postby cornfedkiller » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:42 am

Indianahunter wrote:....my problem comes from stagnant innovation. [..........] ..If Muddy made a cast platform they would put LW out of business in 2 seasons tops.....they need to start innovating again.


Agreed 100%. Nothing has changed in years...at least when andrae had the company, stuff changed, improvements were made, etc...

Return to “Deer Hunting”