Effective way to find out homeowners land space.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bigbuckassasin

Re: Effective way to find out homeowners land space.

Unread postby bigbuckassasin » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:33 am

Quick update. St.Louis county assessors office is the way to go. They offer platt books microfilms and cpu software. Thanks for all the help from everybody.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

I'm More lucky than good.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:36 am

Indianahunter wrote:This is what I use when looking at private property. http://beacon.schneidercorp.com/

Not every County in every state has updated their info or doesn't have the map view. If I see good deer in a particular area then I mark the location on my GPS as I am there, go to Acme Mapper 2.0 Study the aerials and topo's on the area...locate the best properties then ask permission. If you zoom in and then hover over the link then you will get the landowner information...total acreage, and you can see the property lines...so you know exactly what you are looking at before you make that phone call or knock on that door. Hope this helps and welcome to the Beast.

I was going to PM you that link bigbuckassasin. It's a good source. I'm glad you found what you were looking for. Keep us posted on if you find a new place to hunt.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
bigbuckassasin

Unread postby bigbuckassasin » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:14 pm

Will do.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
bigbuckassasin

Unread postby bigbuckassasin » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Update!!! I knocked on 34 doors and have yet to get a single yes!!! I have found work for the company I work for but nothing in requrdes to hunting everybody either has family hunting or has been burned by other hunters or tresspassers. and I thought most hunters were eithical :roll: apparently not in missouri! :x looks Like I wont be hunting much this year. Tough luck I guess I will kill more x's at the local archery range. :cry:
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:10 pm

bigbuckassasin wrote:Update!!! I knocked on 34 doors and have yet to get a single yes!!! I have found work for the company I work for but nothing in requrdes to hunting everybody either has family hunting or has been burned by other hunters or tresspassers. and I thought most hunters were eithical :roll: apparently not in missouri! :x looks Like I wont be hunting much this year. Tough luck I guess I will kill more x's at the local archery range. :cry:

Same thing here in Michigan unfortunately.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”