Deer Czar named

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

forgehunter
500 Club

Deer Czar named

Unread postby forgehunter » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:22 am

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/130983078.html

well, what are the thoughts on the appointment of Dr. Deer? :?:

Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jimmy V.
headgear
500 Club

Re: Deer Czar named

Unread postby headgear » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:33 am

Well I don't hunt WI but I wouldn't mind a 3rd party looking at the way MN manages their herd. Seems like a good choice.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:57 am

Dr. Kroll know's deer management. This is going to be a tough postion for anyone to fill. I'm sure this will be a classic case of "You will never make everyone happy" I think he is qualified to do a good job. I'm glad they got someone from outside WI, hopefully he can bring some fresh ideas to Wisconsin. Time will tell.
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:12 am

I'm kinda shocked... but the man sure does know a ton about whitetails. Time will tell
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:27 am

This should be interesting! I'm just glad that they chose somebody that know's something about deer. Hopefully he can suggest some positive changes to our herd management in WI.
Haus86

Unread postby Haus86 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:13 am

I guess it's better than "Mr. Whitetail."
ttsbuck
500 Club

Unread postby ttsbuck » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:35 am

I remember watching James Kroll on the show Texas Trophy Whitetails a few years ago. He was discussing CWD and how Wis. was handling it and as I remember he was dead set against exterminating deer. I believe he will definetely do what is best for the deer herd as a whole. How this will relate to or affect hunting remains to be seen.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:04 am

Never gonna make everyone happy :roll: however, if this guy has the credentials that the article says he seems fit for the job. Should be interesting to hear which changes he wants to make. I would think managing texas herds and large privately owned ranches there will be far different than managing the mix of private and public lands here not to mention the differences in the herd from north to south and east to west within the state. He definitely has his work cut out for him but I imagine he will do far better than that keith weinerke guy did
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
DevinJD2007
500 Club

Unread postby DevinJD2007 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:22 am

Im definitely not opposed to having him come in and look at our herd to figure out what needs to be done now only if they will listen to him... Kind of excited to see the results that he comes up with and how the will implement them.
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:12 pm

You guys are lucky. Michigan DNR think they know it all, and brag "other states tell us we are the best". :lol: Now if your State hears what he says, and implements his ideas, it would be money well spent. As was noted in previous post, not everybody is gonna be happy with what he has to say.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:56 pm

Hopefully this puts WI on the right track for good!
When better is possible, good is never good enough

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”