how far away will a buck bed?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

swamp-assassin
500 Club

how far away will a buck bed?

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:29 pm

I have been aerial scouting this particular area that turns from hardwoods to hardwood swamp to scrub/sedge meadow/alder thickets/cattails. there are some good looking areas for bedding (points ect) but this entire area is 2 miles from any of the cropfields and the oak trees are further into the northern area of the property. will bucks be this far back away from everything? to the south is a HUGE lake. this is one area in particular that i think deer may eat ONLY browse and acorns and never actually go into the fields. I know time and scouting will tell me this but i was wondering what everyone thinks.

"Youll take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking and a pile of empty brass and magazines at my feet." Image
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: how far away will a buck bed?

Unread postby dan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:39 pm

Mature bucks can and will travel that far if they have secure bedding that far from prefered food.
JRM6868
The Terminator

Re: how far away will a buck bed?

Unread postby JRM6868 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:44 pm

Another thing is they may be bedding near the crops and will move Here shortly to your area for the acorns and their winter range as the bachelor groups break up.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”