Answer a ?, please.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

Re: Answer a ?, please.

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:42 am

Indianahunter wrote:I get out of the tree and in range to finish it off. Bad scenario any way you look at it.

agreed

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigWoods

Unread postby BigWoods » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:01 pm

BigHunt wrote:
BigWoods wrote:You guys are kinda cruel. I would get down and carefully administer an IV Propofol drip with a dose sufficient to peacefully and painlessly stop the respiratory system

your joking right ....who cares an IV in the woods with them

:liar: it's kind of topical humor with the Dr. Conrad Murray/Michael Jackson trial goin' on.
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:55 pm

My dad wounded two does one day a few years ago with a rifle (they were very well hit, but made it to the neighbors), and we had permission to follow the blood trail if we ever needed to. Long story short right after he shot these two deer there was another two shots on the neighbors land just up the hill. There was 6 inches of snow on the ground and both does were spraying blood all over, so we had a heck of a blood trail. We trailed them to another hunter who had "shot them" or so he said, yet one still had its head up. We talked for a bit before we saw the one with its head up kicking, so I shot it and then scolded the other hunter for letting it suffer for 15-20 minutes. He said it was 2 dollars a bullet and he wasnt shooting her again because she was down for the count. I handed him $2 and said the next ones on me and turned around and left disgusted. What a jerk to say the least. There are some slob hunters in this world to say the least.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:58 pm

BigWoods wrote:
BigHunt wrote:
BigWoods wrote:You guys are kinda cruel. I would get down and carefully administer an IV Propofol drip with a dose sufficient to peacefully and painlessly stop the respiratory system

your joking right ....who cares an IV in the woods with them

:liar: it's kind of topical humor with the Dr. Conrad Murray/Michael Jackson trial goin' on.

I was going to say I don't think my guy has that stuff on hand I need better connections. :?
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:02 am

Brad Lamont wrote:...so I shot it and then scolded the other hunter for letting it suffer for 15-20 minutes. He said it was 2 dollars a bullet and he wasnt shooting her again because she was down for the count. I handed him $2 and said the next ones on me and turned around and left disgusted. What a jerk to say the least. There are some slob hunters in this world to say the least.

Good for you! I bet that made him feel stupid. Then again, maybe he was too stupid for it to sink in. :roll:
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
fredhill

Unread postby fredhill » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:24 pm

there is no way i would try to finish any animal with a knife. i will shoot it again. i won't risk getting an a$$ kicking from a deer, elk, bear, wildebeast, etc.
Last edited by fredhill on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:25 pm

fredhill wrote:there is no way i would try to finish any animal with a knife. i will shoot it again. i won't risk getting an a$$ kicking from a deer, elk, bear, wildabeast, etc.

deer yes elk no , bear noway , wildabeast H$LL no
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
UntouchableNess
500 Club

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:38 pm

I spined one once, walked over and shot another arrow into it and it still seemed like it took a long time to die.

A buddy shot one in the but with a shotgun, jumped on it and went for the jugular with his knife. I'd heard him shoot and was walking over to him when I hear the deer bawling up a storm. I would have shot it again.
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:52 pm

BigHunt wrote:
fredhill wrote:there is no way i would try to finish any animal with a knife. i will shoot it again. i won't risk getting an a$$ kicking from a deer, elk, bear, wildabeast, etc.

Be careful with a deer as well. I know of a guy who got his handed to him from an adult doe. This guy was built like a rock. It's the sharp hooves you've got to worry about. He was black and blue all over and ended up loosing the battle with the doe as she got up and ran away. I read a story where a doe killed a guy. She kicked him In the chest. Her hoof and leg went right through his chest and out his back. His heart layed behind him. 100% true story.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:11 pm

Schultzy wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

Be careful with a deer as well. I know of a guy who got his CENSORED FOR BAD LANGUAGE handed to him from an adult doe. This guy was built like a rock. It's the sharp hooves you've got to worry about. He was black and blue all over and ended up loosing the battle with the doe as she got up and ran away. I read a story where a doe killed a guy. She kicked him In the chest. Her hoof and leg went right through his chest and out his back. His heart layed behind him. 100% true story.

i know i know ive been there before and got hurt perty bad ...but in the end man was the winner :twisted: ...another time though i jumped on a deer and it had no chance it was struggleing so hard but my body wight and strangth along stop her from any thing i slit he thrort and held her as she died ...know thats feeling the animal and after that day it changed the way i looked and felt about deer...some guys took my post wrong in muds thread so here is another example im not just out to kill but to learn and give back to the animal ...feeling that deers every breath to the last one is something ill never forget...taking that animals life was a spirtual moment for me
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Arrowbender
500 Club

Unread postby Arrowbender » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:43 pm

I have spined a deer and it IS awful. The screaming is unbelievable. I killed it with another arrow after missing with the second.
I have also slit deer's throat's out of necessity and it too is awful but a very humane way to finish what you started. Very Fast.
And there is really no way to miss the jugular.
Walking upto them from the front didn't work that well for me. Luckily she missed.
You really don't have any idea how tall a 130 pound doe is when standing upright on her rear legs, until you are looking up at her bile spewing mouth from between her flailing front stilettos.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:25 am

bump
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:29 am

i would either be flinging another arrow at the most vital spot I can hit from the tree or I am climbing down and blasting another arrow through it. Throat slitting would be a last resort, i did it a couple times and i don't enjoy it, but it does work fast.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:10 am

only had a spine hit one time, I got down and put another arrow in him. I have finished off 2 deer with a knife that got hit by cars on my way to work.
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:29 am

Last year I was hunting in a homemade brush pile/blind. A young doe came by and I hit her in the spine. She groaned and flopped. I only had 2 arrows with me. I shot her again, she flopped some more, but then layed there with her head up. I was out of arrows. I thought she was paralyzed so I was going to grab a heavy log and bash her in the head. I took 2 steps and she got up and ran away. I backed out and started tracking the next morning. I ended up flushing her the next morning, she was still alive , she ran onto private property. I felt bad.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”