Just finished the DVDs

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

headgear
500 Club

Re: Just finished the DVDs

Unread postby headgear » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:50 am

Just going off of memory but wasn't manipulating kind of reference to stacking or bumping deer in the marsh to get other deer up on their feet earlier.

I would also consider blazing a trail throught he cattails that the deer might use or maybe blocking one of their trails in the staging area to force them closer as manipulating.

RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:30 am

Welcome to the site! Glad to see you liked the video's, they changed my life completely :dance:
When better is possible, good is never good enough
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:17 am

headgear wrote:Just going off of memory but wasn't manipulating kind of reference to stacking or bumping deer in the marsh to get other deer up on their feet earlier.

I would also consider blazing a trail throught he cattails that the deer might use or maybe blocking one of their trails in the staging area to force them closer as manipulating.

Im pretty sure thats what he is talking about, just didn't want to comment without hearing the sentance Andrae used...
Andrae does a lot of manipulating of bedding areas with his "stacking" and "bumping" techniques...
We hunted the same farm for a while and the deer where pretty nokturnal from over hunting but there were still some good ones there. He would purposfully walk past the bedding area upwind and get the deer to get up on there feet and start moving then he would hurry up and set up on the other side... He shot one of the best bucks to come off that farm useing that technique.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:49 am

headgear wrote:Just going off of memory but wasn't manipulating kind of reference to stacking or bumping deer in the marsh to get other deer up on their feet earlier....

Yes that is one instance (I mentioned this on the first page).

headgear wrote:...I would also consider blazing a trail throught he cattails that the deer might use or maybe blocking one of their trails in the staging area to force them closer as manipulating.

I thought there was another instance where his use of the word manipulating fit, but I couldn't remember it. There were other times though that the use of the word didn't fit. I would go back and watch it so I could give some examples, but unfortunately I can't do that, because my copy of Marsh Bucks disappeared after the second time I watched it (or was it on the hill country video?).
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”