One for the BEAST

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

rochester coops

Re: One for the BEAST

Unread postby rochester coops » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:51 pm

Lets see that shed and the trail cam pic please!

foltzy

Unread postby foltzy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:36 pm

DEERSLAYER wrote:How big around was the tree you were in?

about 8" I make sure to be on the back side of the tree from where I expect to get a shot. I normaly stand and face the tree, that deer had no clue I was there.

rochester coops wrote:Lets see that shed and the trail cam pic please!

The shed and pic are from the public marsh buck that got the best of me saturday. If I happen to shoot him I'll definetly post the pics, I would do it now for fun but my internet signal is so weak it would probably take me half hour to post two pics.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:49 pm

foltzy wrote:about 8" I make sure to be on the back side of the tree from where I expect to get a shot. I normally stand and face the tree, that deer had no clue I was there.

I need to get me a seat I can use when I'm facing the tree. I'm tired of having a sore rear from sitting on a 1" bar and I have been having a problem with poor circulation so I'm getting a little concerned about maybe getting a blood clot from it (I can't stand for long periods because of foot and back problems). Do you have any ideas?
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
foltzy

Unread postby foltzy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:34 pm

DEERSLAYER wrote:
foltzy wrote:about 8" I make sure to be on the back side of the tree from where I expect to get a shot. I normally stand and face the tree, that deer had no clue I was there.

I need to get me a seat I can use when I'm facing the tree. I'm tired of having a sore rear from sitting on a 1" bar and I have been having a problem with poor circulation so I'm getting a little concerned about maybe getting a blood clot from it (I can't stand for long periods because of foot and back problems). Do you have any ideas?

If it was me and I thought it was that important to keep the tree betwen my self and the deer and I couldn't stand for long periods, I would make a custom seat that offsets from the tree or maybe think about a sling style seat.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”