big buck sighting

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

U.P. MAN
500 Club

Re: big buck sighting

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:19 am

Good luck!

BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:06 am

kenn1320 wrote:Thanks for sharing Tyler, but could you rotate the pic so North is up? :D Also why is he sitting in that tree, if this buck doesnt have an exit route that goes past it? If there is an exit route past this tree, then the buck just might use it with a NE wind. Good luck!

kenn three years ago he shot a 141 ten pointer out of that same tree its in the right spot but unfornitly the buck chosse that rought insted of the the tree route...and it was on the same wind and sorry about the map its his not mine he set ip up ill try when i get home im at work right know
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
admiral04

Unread postby admiral04 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:03 am

this might be a pain to explain but what sites and softwatre are you guys using to get draw on the aerial maps and save it then post it on the beast? i use google earth and can draw on it but i don't know how to save it and post it on here. be nice to get some advice on some areas but i cant figure it out
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:25 am

admiral04 wrote:this might be a pain to explain but what sites and softwatre are you guys using to get draw on the aerial maps and save it then post it on the beast? i use google earth and can draw on it but i don't know how to save it and post it on here. be nice to get some advice on some areas but i cant figure it out

You actually have to take a picture of the map, when you have the shot on your screen you want press Ctrl + Prt Scr, buttons. This will copy the whole image of your screen. Then open microsoft paint and paste the image. You will actually have an image of your entire computer screen, you then crop out what you want off the map or the whole map, and make any drawings or marks you want. Then save that file and upload it like any other picture.

Hope this helps.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:55 am

admiral04 wrote:this might be a pain to explain but what sites and softwatre are you guys using to get draw on the aerial maps and save it then post it on the beast? i use google earth and can draw on it but i don't know how to save it and post it on here. be nice to get some advice on some areas but i cant figure it out

www.topoquest.com it shows topos and aireals
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:03 pm

kenn1320 wrote:Thanks for sharing Tyler, but could you rotate the pic so North is up? :D Also why is he sitting in that tree, if this buck doesnt have an exit route that goes past it? If there is an exit route past this tree, then the buck just might use it with a NE wind. Good luck!

the reason why he sat there is because hes not the only one hunting this proporty so the spot he was going to sit didnt work out...so he decided to sit the swamp and with luck the buck was there ...like i said hes had sucess there before in that tree....also when found the bedd this spring hes has three differnt routes out the way he went ,passed the tree , and out the back , so it is possible the buck could of came out on the one trail but no luck that night ...thats fine though he learned from just wacthing the deer habbits and understands better what to do its all in the matter of that wind though so
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”