Losing sleep...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Re: Losing sleep...

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:10 pm

Everything is good in moderation bighunt, and excess once or twice a week never hurts just can't make it a habit :lol: ;)

"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Buckfever
500 Club

Unread postby Buckfever » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:10 pm

GRFox wrote:
Buckfever wrote:I'm sorry I swear I don't mean to be a jerk, but you got this deer patterned and he didn't come out that way, you got another sit there, why aren't you back there tomorrow?

If he came out behind me like I think he did, then he got my wind. Then I bumped him in the dark on the way out. I rather not push may luck and let him forget about me for a couple weeks, then hunt him again.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Or he didn't and that wasn't him you bumped and you're missing another free shot before he's on to you, or relocates on a change of food sources....
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:14 pm

Buckfever wrote:
GRFox wrote:
Buckfever wrote:I'm sorry I swear I don't mean to be a jerk, but you got this deer patterned and he didn't come out that way, you got another sit there, why aren't you back there tomorrow?

If he came out behind me like I think he did, then he got my wind. Then I bumped him in the dark on the way out. I rather not push may luck and let him forget about me for a couple weeks, then hunt him again.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Or he didn't and that wasn't him you bumped and you're missing another free shot before he's on to you, or relocates on a change of food sources....

X2 I'd hit it one more time in the morning. The season is new and you have a lot more time to hunt the next bedding area. I'd work this one another time while you have the chance before giving up on it. Just my .02 I'd be back in there well before daylight a little closer to his bed.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:14 pm

BackWoodsHunter wrote:Everything is good in moderation bighunt, and excess once or twice a week never hurts just can't make it a habit :lol: ;)

how about once or twice a year ;) dont worry im not a hipocrite just just been around it my hole life and seen its horriors
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:55 am

Too bad, GR maybe next time.

I am kind of torn here, my first thought was to maybe get after him again but if you think it was him you bumped after dark it might be wise to hold off for a while. Coin flip for me but it's a long season so do what your gut tells you.
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:01 am

Im going to hunt it tomorrow night I think, (saturday) I didnt hunt this morning and I have to go help AH110 track a deer this afternoon. We'll see what happens, I really appreciate your guys advice.
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:05 am

Bummer to hear it didnt work out as planned. Did you see any deer, or was it a bad night for movement?
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”