Bring on those thermals !

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

Bring on those thermals !

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:32 pm

Ok, I'm ready........ one week to go !

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Bring on those thermals !

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Cool.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:40 pm

If I pick milkweeds this week will they be ready by next week, and how many does it take to fill a box like that! :o
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:06 pm

Brad Lamont wrote:If I pick milkweeds this week will they be ready by next week, and how many does it take to fill a box like that! :o

I picked those last year, I wasn't sure how many were in each pod, but I picked like 13 pods..... way to many, I think a guy would only need about 2 pods per season. Seems like there is hundreds in each pod. So I just saved them in that box, figured I could use them for years. :lol:

If you pick them this weekend, and slice the pod with a knife, I dought they would be ready by next week, but If you put a fan on them and contained them somehow, they would dry out I'm sure..... but be careful, if they dry up and start escaping the pod, you will have a mess ! :lol: What I would do is, put them in a cardboard box, poke a bunch of holes in the box and blow a fan at the box. You will get airflow going through the box and they will dry out fast.... maybe a few days at most I bet.....
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:08 pm

nice it looks like your good to go 8-) 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:24 pm

dreaming bucks wrote:
Brad Lamont wrote:If I pick milkweeds this week will they be ready by next week, and how many does it take to fill a box like that! :o

I picked those last year, I wasn't sure how many were in each pod, but I picked like 13 pods..... way to many, I think a guy would only need about 2 pods per season. Seems like there is hundreds in each pod. So I just saved them in that box, figured I could use them for years. :lol:

If you pick them this weekend, and slice the pod with a knife, I dought they would be ready by next week, but If you put a fan on them and contained them somehow, they would dry out I'm sure..... but be careful, if they dry up and start escaping the pod, you will have a mess ! :lol: What I would do is, put them in a cardboard box, poke a bunch of holes in the box and blow a fan at the box. You will get airflow going through the box and they will dry out fast.... maybe a few days at most I bet.....

I picked about 30 pods 2 weeks ago, they are in the back of the kubota at my inlaws, I better go get them puppys back then!!
mike_mc
500 Club

Unread postby mike_mc » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm

I picked a pod this weekend. Cut it open and pulled out the fluff and they were dry in 2 or 3 days.
Liberty-Hunt
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/liberty.hunt.188

Unread postby Liberty-Hunt » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:56 pm

I like it!
I'll copy you...Thanks!
"Huntingly",
L-H

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:05 am

mike_mc wrote:I picked a pod this weekend. Cut it open and pulled out the fluff and they were dry in 2 or 3 days.

Ya, if pull them out of the pod, they should dry super fast !

[ Post made via Android ] Image
lynchpin

Unread postby lynchpin » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:25 am

Great idea, beats stuffing them in my arm zipper! thanks for the post.
go DEEP or go HOME
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:36 am

Last year I stuffed them in one of those flexible coin purses, and it worked ok, but I think this way with the prescription bottle will work better... Someone else brought this up awhile back about how they do it, so I thought it would work much better than the ole coin purse.
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:40 am

dreaming bucks wrote:

Thats too funny. I put about 30 milkweeds in a pizza box last night, poked holes in it and put it in front of the dehumidifier.

dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:44 am

GRFox wrote:
dreaming bucks wrote:

Thats too funny. I put about 30 milkweeds in a pizza box last night, poked holes in it and put it in front of the dehumidifier.

cool ! Just wondering if you sliced the pod open at all ?
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:59 am

DB, no need. Just grab the pod with your thumbs and apply separating pressure and rotate the pod. When you get to the seem where the pod would naturally open it will split.

BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:16 am

GRFox wrote:DB, no need. Just grab the pod with your thumbs and apply separating pressure and rotate the pod. When you get to the seem where the pod would naturally open it will split.

ya just slit them with pressure then let them dry
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”