i hate rumors but...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tim
500 Club

i hate rumors but...

Unread postby tim » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:39 am

rumor has it i got a 22 pointer roaming one of my hunting areas. i dont feel the greatest about the source it came from but im not ignoring the info either cause its very close and rumor has it to be about a 24" spread. if anything comes of this i will be reopening this topic down the road..........

headgear
500 Club

Re: i hate rumors but...

Unread postby headgear » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:00 am

That rumor has a lot of points. Several years ago I heard a rumor about a big 16 pointer, I asked my "informant" if the third party with 2nd hand info actually counted 16 points and they said no but it was big. :lol: Good luck on your rumor.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:54 am

Gotta see this rumor. ;)
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
blackwolf
500 Club

Unread postby blackwolf » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:16 am

Rumors are worth checking out. A few years ago I ran into another hunter right near my stand. Since I was already hunting there he informed me a huge drop tine buck was seen all summer in the vicinity by workers building a cabin in the general area. He told me this to feel better about hunting so close to me I guess. All fall, that year I saw sign of a good buck but really didn't expect to see his monster. Well, first week of Nov. I defintely saw him after leaving a morning stand about noon. He was as big as the man had said but didn't have drop tines. Saw him once again gun season but couldn't get a clean shot. Never saw him again and believe he probably died of old age or had a run in with wolves. Due to his massive body and rack, I am sure he is the buck seen by workers that summer.. Now, this year will be another story, I have my own sighting from last year so I don't need to check a rumor. I like it that way.
Carol
Site Admin

Unread postby Carol » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:29 am

Rumors are always worth checking out. You never know what you will find.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then!

Some People Need a Shock Collar!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:08 am

I was at Andraes house the other day and we were discussing rumors... Sometimes you believe them and there a huge exaggeration... Sometimes you ignor them and it turns out to be true.
Worth checking, but not worth wasting a lot of time on.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Validating a rumor like that is mixed blessing. Expect some sleepless nights.
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:23 pm

I made a new hunting buddy through another hunting buddy late season last year.

I became really good friends width the guy and we wound up spending a lot of time together this whole off season, scouting, shed hunting, hanging cams, and so forth.

So we pretty much always talked hunting whenever we hung out which was a lot. Sharing stories of big bucks, hunting stories and so on.

Well me and my others buddy who we met through just figured out about a week ago that the guy is a complete and total pathological liar......literally everything that ever came out of his mouth was a made up on the spot story.

All of the bucks that were in this patch or that patch or that he saw from the highway or deer he claimed he killed with full story's to go along with....all lies.

Imagine we didn't figure this guy out sooner? We may have spent a good amount of the season hunting bucks that may not even exist.

Now granted I know that this is not what the OP started the thread for but I just had to rant and get that off my chest!

To the OP -Hope that bigs buck is around for you bud!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:40 pm

GRFox wrote:I made a new hunting buddy through another hunting buddy late season last year.

I became really good friends width the guy and we wound up spending a lot of time together this whole off season, scouting, shed hunting, hanging cams, and so forth.

So we pretty much always talked hunting whenever we hung out which was a lot. Sharing stories of big bucks, hunting stories and so on.

Well me and my others buddy who we met through just figured out about a week ago that the guy is a complete and total pathological liar......literally everything that ever came out of his mouth was a made up on the spot story.

All of the bucks that were in this patch or that patch or that he saw from the highway or deer he claimed he killed with full story's to go along with....all lies.

Imagine we didn't figure this guy out sooner? We may have spent a good amount of the season hunting bucks that may not even exist.

Now granted I know that this is not what the OP started the thread for but I just had to rant and get that off my chest!

ouch man thats sucks ...thats to bad i hate people like that
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:52 am

BigHunt wrote:
GRFox wrote:I made a new hunting buddy through another hunting buddy late season last year.

Yea Big it kind of sucks. He's been a really good friend to me and done a lot for me, but I can't be around someone like that.

BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:19 am

GRFox wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

Yea Big it kind of sucks. He's been a really good friend to me and done a lot for me, but I can't be around someone like that.

man that realy sucks ... thats to bad ..... i know hwo you feel ...good feelings about him then he lies t your face ...not cool ......but hey im sure you can work something out
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
MN Legacy
500 Club
Facebook: Brent Bushy

Unread postby MN Legacy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:57 pm

Rumors are just what they are rumors you have to consider the source.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:24 am

well i said i would reopen this topic if anything came of this rumor. a friend of mine hunting across the road from me on sunday less than a mile away where this buck was rumored to be hanging out shot a monster 17 pointer. im hoping that wasnt the rumored buck but my gut tells me it was. so im guessing this will be the last i post of this topic.........
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:35 am

A friend ? Any pics yet ?

tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:42 am

ive got a pic but not posting as im not sure if he wants it all over the place. big typical 11 point frame, huge flyer off a g2. and 3 extras coming off the other g2 plus a couple more. its a beast for sure!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”