Wisconsin bowhunters have never had it so good !

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Wisconsin bowhunters have never had it so good !

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:07 am

Good story. Back in 1975 there were very few deer compared to today. It is so much easier to learn with large numbers of deer today than it was back then with very few deer. I can remember going 2 weeks with out seeing a deer period. Back then when you got a deer any deer with a bow it made the papers (no joke it was big news).
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:09 am

Stanley wrote:Good story. Back in 1975 there were very few deer compared to today. It is so much easier to learn with large numbers of deer today than it was back then with very few deer. I can remember going 2 weeks with out seeing a deer period. Back then when you got a deer any deer with a bow it made the papers (no joke it was big news).

I remember my Dad telling a story about back in the late 40's and 50's , it was big news in the area if they seen a deer track crossing the road somewhere......

I sure am glad it is the way it is now......
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:13 am

Much better today. My dad was a rural mail carrier in the 60s. When he saw a deer on the route he would talk about it for days.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”