2 blade Rage

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

2 blade Rage

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:29 am

Im trying out the 2 blade rage this year. I know one other person that highly reccomends it. Does anyone else use this brodhead? And if so what do you think about it or what have you heard besides the commercials saying, "Its like throwing an axe thru an animal" lol

Zap

Re: 2 blade Rage

Unread postby Zap » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:41 am

All I have heard that I believe is they leave a big entry hole and lack the ability to leave an exit hole unless you have oddoles of k/E.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Haus86

Unread postby Haus86 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:42 am

I've used them, and I was never a fan of the penetration I got with them. I don't think you are going to get a lot of guys in favor of them on this forum.
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:51 am

I like em and use them with my compound. They leave a crazy huge hole, and fly great. Ive shot punch cutters, aftershocks, wasp jackhammers, and the rage 2 blade as far as mechanical heads go. Ive been pleased with the wasp and the rage, the others were junk imo. I favor the rage due to the way the blades open from the rear. As with all my equipment, I check it as soon as I get in my stand. That being said, check to make sure the blades are set and ready to go. Ive had a couple of occasions where they came loose from the o-ring, but I bought those heads when they first hit the market and their design may have changed slightly since then.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:53 am

I used to be a big fan.. I switched last year to the Montec T3's and am highly impressed. Like the 2-Blade Rage, they fly like field tips, but unlike the Rage, their mechanically superior in that the blades get pushed back and anchored keeping the sharp edges outward to cut. The 2-Blade Rage blades can easily flip backwards exposing the dull edge to the outside and the cutting edge facing in. Clip a tiny limp and deploy those blades before they reach the deer and you could be facing a less than substantial blood trail and minimal entry depth.
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:09 am

im still shooting em, ive had mixed results, i hit a buck in the shoulder and it didnt kill him , ive also broke a bucks shoulders and he was mowing the weeds as he struggled to get back on his feet and couldnt, ive blown through deer easily with these broadheads, not sure why you wouldnt get a passthrough other than not hitting it right which i dont always do. they do leave devastating holes which i guess isnt really needed if you hit the deer right it will die with a much smaller hole, its nice though if u are hunting small tracts of land and u need that deer to go down before its on another property. they do make for easy trailing. ive never had luck with fixed blades getting them tuned right and i know it can be done. theres not too many fans of mechanicals on this site ill tell you right now :lol:
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:47 am

Rage heads get more bad ink than any other head I know of. I have never used them so I can not personally say much about them. I personally am a big fan of the low profile smaller 4 blade fixed heads. They fly like darts and make a good sized hole. The number 1 most important thing about broadheads; they have to fly good. Any broadhead will kill if you can hit them in the bread basket.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:49 am

Any broadhead will kill if you can hit them in the bread basket.

This is true, Ive killed deer with every head Ive shot. Some leave better blood trails then others and thats important to the recovery.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
U.P. MAN
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:56 am

Love them, never had a problem.
swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:57 am

not a huge fan. they are so expensive and the blades need to be replaced every time you shoot them at something. thats more money plus another 10 bucks for the o rings. its tough to keep the blades intact when they are in your quiver..its a pain in the when they keep coming undone and your in the field. they come close to field point accuracy but i have to make adjustments on my bow. matthews drenalin...i switched to slick tricks last year and they are dead on with my field tips out to 50 yards.. plus the slick trick blade is solingen steel and is razor sharp, quite durable and they have much better penetration than the rage. not to mention, they are 10 bucks cheaper than rage and will cost you even less in the long run.
"Youll take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking and a pile of empty brass and magazines at my feet." Image
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:02 am

I got a 3 pack for $20 this summer and plan to use them on a few does. What kept me from trying them was 1)price and 2)only 2 blades 3)the stupid tv commercials.

That being said I use 3 bladed expandables with huge success and they all cost pretty much the same. Sometimes a product rubs me the wrong say I guess.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:08 am

muddy wrote:I got a 3 pack for $20 this summer and plan to use them on a few does. What kept me from trying them was 1)price and 2)only 2 blades 3)the stupid tv commercials.

That being said I use 3 bladed expandables with huge success and they all cost pretty much the same. Sometimes a product rubs me the wrong say I guess.

whats a matter muddy? dont like chuck adams telling you "its like throwing an axe through an animal!"? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
what a joke
"Youll take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking and a pile of empty brass and magazines at my feet." Image
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:44 am

swamp-assassin wrote:
muddy wrote:I got a 3 pack for $20 this summer and plan to use them on a few does. What kept me from trying them was 1)price and 2)only 2 blades 3)the stupid tv commercials.

whats a matter muddy? dont like chuck adams telling you "its like throwing an axe through an animal!"? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
what a joke

I don't like that hack telling me anything. In all seriousness, the guy has done A LOT in this sport, but he looks/acts/sounds like a child molester.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:01 am

i swicth to rage last year and didnt have a problem with my buck or does
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
rack addict
500 Club

Unread postby rack addict » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:31 am

I love the rage broadheads. You do have to check them to make sure they are tucked in the o ring but I dont have to do any adjustments when I take off the field points and put these on. As far as penetration I shot a doe last year at 42 yards from the ground and it blew right through her. I shot a buck 2 years ago the shot was a little bit high and I really didnt believe it was a good shot. I found him about 75 yards away piled up. When I opened him up he had giant blood clots never seen nothing like it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”