2 blade Rage

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

woody-san

Re: 2 blade Rage

Unread postby woody-san » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:27 pm

My first two bowkills came via a Rage 2 blade. The first kill was a boadside shot, complete pass through, through both lungs and it was just like the commericals said, "it looked like someone dumped out buckets of blood." The 2nd one was 5 yards out, down through the top of the ribs and, thought it didn't pass through, it left a pretty nasty hole on the opposite shoulder and another solid blood trail. I made the switch to the Snuffer SS and have used it on all my subsequent kills and I can say that I haven't been any less impressed with the blood trails or the wounds. I guess the moral of the story is, wait for a good shot and it really doesn't matter what head you're using, BUT, if you can get a fixed blade head to fly well out of your set up, then why even screw around with the uncertainty surrounding a mechanical?

Arrowbender
500 Club

Unread postby Arrowbender » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:08 am

BUT, if you can get a fixed blade head to fly well out of your set up, then why even screw around with the uncertainty surrounding a mechanical?

Really shouldn't be an option, if a BH won't fly out of your bow, your bow is not tuned the best it can be. (period)
Just Sayin'
woody-san

Unread postby woody-san » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:50 am

That's definitely true. But if it's a scenario where the season is coming upon you real quick and mechanicals are flying true but BH's aren't, I'd rather go out and hunt with the mechanicals than stay home and keep messing around with tuning broadheads. The mechanicals will certainly kill if you wait for a good broadside shot, they just possess that level of uncertainty that a true flying broadhead doesn't.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”