Good example of a bottle neck.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Zap

Re: Good example of a bottle neck.

Unread postby Zap » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:17 pm

Thats OK BH, I figured it out... ;)

"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:20 pm

Zap wrote:Thats OK BH, I figured it out... ;)

just testing you zap ...your're on the ball :P :P
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:21 pm

Yeah, I know...... :lol:
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:22 pm

Zap wrote:Yeah, I know...... :lol:

:roll: :roll: :roll: dont get cocky now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P :P :lol: :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:27 pm

Too late for that....... 8-)
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:28 pm

Zap wrote:Too late for that....... 8-)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:42 pm

BH, your confusing the heck out of me. In the second topo you are showing the beds to the east back in the woods. Are these additional beds you found? Those make a ton more sense and if I had to guess, the first topo beds are not really beds, but rather staging area. Not staging like Dan talks about, but where bucks will bed down early and scent check does that come off the fields in the morning. Once all the does pass and none are in heat, the buck makes his rounds to the various doe bedding areas and then back to his main bed deeper in the woods.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:48 pm

[quote="kenn1320"]BH, your confusing the heck out of me.

kenn dont look at those dots way over in the map those are from a differnt post i used for i jsut used this pic for an better example so you could see the elevation lines

and dude ive walked this for 11 years and scouted this ....they are buck beds theres rubs right in the bedds,your not going to tell me thats not a buck bedd ....does dont make rubs :mrgreen: .......and this isnt the rut when im hunting it only early season i only hunt the funnle during the rut
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:51 pm

I think we are all trying to learn though bighunt. I read a lot of guys maps and absorb what they say and usually the description and pics and topos/aerials match up and it comes together and makes sense. Then my eyes are opened to a new strategy or tactic and I learn something. I don't think Kenn is disputing your buck beds. I think the amount graba$$ on this thread has distracted the people who were following it to actually learn something....
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:54 pm

ive walked in on bucks a dozzen times and found freash rubs right in the bedds in september
Last edited by BigHunt on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:55 pm

BH, I didnt say it was doe bedding. I said the bucks bed there prior to day break and wait for the does to come by and scent check them in the security of that cover. Of course a buck could make a rub or two waiting in frustration. Could actually stage there later before dark, making rubs in the cover.

.and this isnt the rut when im hunting it only early season i only hunt the funnle during the rut

Now you really have me confused. I thought we were talking about this field/ravine intersection as the funnel all along? Dont worry bout me, just shoot a big one and post the pic. 8-)
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:00 pm

kenn1320 wrote:BH, I didnt say it was doe bedding. I said the bucks bed there prior to day break and wait for the does to come by and scent check them in the security of that cover. Of course a buck could make a rub or two waiting in frustration. Could actually stage there later before dark, making rubs in the cover.

.and this isnt the rut when im hunting it only early season i only hunt the funnle during the rut

Now you really have me confused. I thought we were talking about this field/ravine intersection as the funnel all along? Dont worry bout me, just shoot a big one and post the pic. 8-)

wow now im confused :lol: all i know is the spot wroks man the sine is there the wind flows right to these spots and the thermals dont lie its pertfect ....

we were talking about the funnle at first

ill take pics soon ...i hope :lol: :lol:

these two bedds are allways being used there bet up 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:07 pm

BackWoodsHunter wrote:I don't think Kenn is disputing your buck beds. I think the amount graba$$ on this thread has distracted the people who were following it to actually learn something....

well im sory im a postaholic :lol: :lol: :lol:

well once the season opens ill be to busy hunting ive got a week of vaction for early season and two weeks for the rut so my post will slow down....kind of :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:33 pm

BackWoodsHunter wrote:I think we are all trying to learn though bighunt. I read a lot of guys maps and absorb what they say and usually the description and pics and topos/aerials match up and it comes together and makes sense. Then my eyes are opened to a new strategy or tactic and I learn something. I don't think Kenn is disputing your buck beds. I think the amount graba$$ on this thread has distracted the people who were following it to actually learn something....

I don't think anyone can dispute on paper what you have proven for years in the field BH. Guys that live in the hills have a better understanding than guys that hunt flat lands or river bottoms or vice versa. It looks to me like you have a good handle of where and how to hunt the area illustrated. I also think anyone who is is following the thread has learned something I know I have.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:40 pm

kenn1320 wrote:BH, I didnt say it was doe bedding. I said the bucks bed there prior to day break and wait for the does to come by and scent check them in the security of that cover. Of course a buck could make a rub or two waiting in frustration. Could actually stage there later before dark, making rubs in the cover.

ya thats very,very true kenn ....sory i was a little worked up before :oops: thats very possible and it makse sence.

one of the bucks i shot in early seson so i know its a feqent buck bedding area , and i could also see a buck there during the rut to scent for does

sorry ill listen more next time 8-) after all you are the older man and been huntin longer than i 8-) im still learing also so hang with me

all in all its on of my favriote/best spots even though i get one or two hunts out of it 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”