Good example of a bottle neck.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

Re: Good example of a bottle neck.

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:37 am

BigHunt wrote:Image

this is a good example of what im talking about for water holes ... i placed this water hole in ( BLUE ) right next to a buck bedding area just in the bend of the terrian, the buck bedds on a south wind or south west wind . the bedds are in two locations (RED....ORANGE) i think he just beds on differnt winds if its good opeing afternoon im going to sneek in early and give it a whack 8-)

the bedding area is super thick on the point and open in the front when i was scouting this spring sitting in the bedd i could see how the deer was useing it to its advantage its perfect

this my favorite water hole

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:25 am

B.H. Based on that topo, I would not be surprised if that buck beds on the other side of that point on a north wind also...
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:05 am

dan wrote:B.H. Based on that topo, I would not be surprised if that buck beds on the other side of that point on a north wind also...

intresting dan i will have to look into that ....i dont see why not either
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:12 am

those to dots is wear i found beds i scouted the point and just found those spots but its very possible that the buck will move around on a differnt wind....i can see how he has the advantage on all side of the point , with the thermals working all directions
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”