Do You Realize the Beast is....

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

xpauliber
500 Club

Re: Do You Realize the Beast is....

Unread postby xpauliber » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:53 pm

I couldnt agree more. I'm registered at alot of other archery forums but haven't logged into them since I discovered THE BEAST!

virginiashadow
500 Club

Unread postby virginiashadow » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:05 pm

Salt of the Earth guys who have helped me so many times.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:13 pm

DEERSLAYER wrote:Another great thing I would like to add is that most of the time people only post when they have something useful to add which I think makes it easy for people to find good, solid, relevant information. I think the "Chit Chat/Daily Check in" helps keep the threads "clean". There are to many sites where people have to read through several pages just to find a few useful posts. I think we do fairly well most of the time with this and I hope it stays that way. It helps make the Beast a good resource IMO.

Solid post SLAYER! I agree not having to sift through so much BS is awesome here and a fresh concept compared to most sites. Another thing to add, not sure if slayer was getting at it or not but I will be far more blunt. Lately there is a lot of posts saying "nice work" "good plan" "COOL" or something of that nature basically agreeing with the original poster but not providing much "meat" to the site. Not trying to be rude, we all need encouragement especially in a game such as bowhunting that can be so humbling at times :D But I have been finding in recent months/weeks/days its harder to find good hearty helpful info because I'm reading so many "active posts" that are really just people posting smileys, giggles or terms of agreement such as "yup". Not trying to be rude, we all do it, in some threads thats the only response for example how does a guy respond to a post of trail cam pics? Its hard to say anything but "cool". But in tactical threads there's no real use to post the "yups" "neat thoughts" or "very cools". Not trying to be an a$$ just pointing out that to keep this site different and flowing in a direction of tactical info helping us get the one up on the game we are hunting we need to sort out BS and keep growing and learning rather than just growing by way of post counts. Just my $.02 take it or leave it my friends.

Keep up the good work to all the active beasts, congrats to the Infalts and their close supporters for an awesome site and I wish a safe and successful hunting season to all my friends and fellow beasts here! Bow season in WI is right around the corner (17 days) and hunting season begins tomorrow here with early goose and doves. Good luck to all those a field stay safe, shoot straight and make memories!
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:20 pm

Great thread and great posts guys. My life is hunting, everything about my life revolves around hunting, if im not at work im doing something related to hunting deer..... with that being said because of what I have learned about deer hunting in the short time I have been on this forum, I can honestly say that you guys have literary changed my life.... my entire approach to deer hunting and what I spend my time doing reguarding scouting has been a complete 180.

Thank you Dan for the great site and to all my fellow beast who help out and offer advice.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:27 pm

I really like how I can read pages of wisdom that will help me become a better hunter instead of just trying to sell me something. I go to archerytalk a lot and this is a nice alternative to that, I dont see near the bickering (if any) or the "my bow is better than your bow" type threads like you see over there anymore. Its a welcome breath of fresh air except for the buck that might lose his wind this fall because of this site! :mrgreen:
cornfedkiller
500 Club

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:49 pm

Brad Lamont wrote:I really like how I can read pages of wisdom that will help me become a better hunter instead of just trying to sell me something. I go to archerytalk a lot and this is a nice alternative to that, I dont see near the bickering (if any) or the "my bow is better than your bow" type threads like you see over there anymore. Its a welcome breath of fresh air except for the buck that might lose his wind this fall because of this site! :mrgreen:

Yep..and I think its because most guys here are serious hunters who are here looking to learn or share something, not argue about what bow, broadhead, arrow, etc anyone else here uses..we have alot better stuff to talk about! :D

Does that stuff make you a better hunter? Absolutely not. And I feel that becoming a better hunter is what the vast majority of us are here for!
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:28 pm

Yep..and I think its because most guys here are serious hunters who are here looking to learn or share something, not argue about what bow, broadhead, arrow, etc anyone else here uses..we have alot better stuff to talk about! :D

Does that stuff make you a better hunter? Absolutely not. And I feel that becoming a better hunter is what the vast majority of us are here for![/quote]

I agree, over there all you see is red banned wording under half of the members names. They will literally get into a online brawl over the type of bow someone else enjoys using. I don't care what bow anyone uses and to go even further I don't get excited about broadheads either if the setup work for that person. I think your right on the money with us being serious hunters, I am here because I want to kill deer, I live for it, its in my blood. Over there they buy new bows every 3 days and sell them for half price and argue the rest of the day away. They may shoot great 40 yard broadhead groups but they don't kill many deer, and they don't hunt like us thats for sure. When I come here its just putting another piece of the puzzle together on a public land buck, and thats what its all about, and I will do it with my 3 year old bow that I don't ever intend of getting rid of or replacing!
BuckHunter1988

Unread postby BuckHunter1988 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:04 pm

That brought a tear to my eye very well said hopefully We all become good friends and get to know each other
fredhill

Unread postby fredhill » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:57 pm

when i recently found this site i perused it as a guest for a week. to say i was shocked is an understatement. what hooked me is people were actually excited to hunt public land. no whining/bitching that they can't afford a lease, they lost their ground to a lease, hunting is becoming a "rich man's sport", boo hoo hoo. it seems people here are do-ers and not talkers. i think many people are internet hunters and really don't put in the field time. i.e. their post count goes through the roof during the fall. when season starts i don't have near the time to play on the computer. i'm hunting. the attitudes i see expressed are encouraging and i would happily share any intel i have about the public land in i've hunted in MO.
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:39 pm

This site has become my go-to for information on tactics....the other sites out there are all argue/bitching forums which gets old. I think the main reason this site is still good is that it is young...I hope that it never gets flooded with all of the trash from the other sites. Keep up the great vibe around here guys!
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:41 am

Bring home the BEAST and be happy!!! Best informational hunting site there is hands down. Long live the BEAST!!! THANKS to all involved.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:55 am

fredhill wrote:when i recently found this site i perused it as a guest for a week. to say i was shocked is an understatement. what hooked me is people were actually excited to hunt public land. no whining/bitching that they can't afford a lease, they lost their ground to a lease, hunting is becoming a "rich man's sport", boo hoo hoo. it seems people here are do-ers and not talkers. i think many people are internet hunters and really don't put in the field time. i.e. their post count goes through the roof during the fall. when season starts i don't have near the time to play on the computer. i'm hunting. the attitudes i see expressed are encouraging and i would happily share any intel i have about the public land in i've hunted in MO.

What part of Missouri are you in?
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:34 am

Ack wrote:...I hope that it never gets flooded with all of the trash from the other sites. Keep up the great vibe around here guys!

That will be the hard part of keeping this site such a good place to be.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
mnbowfisherman33

Unread postby mnbowfisherman33 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:42 am

cwoods wrote:The Beast is what most other hunting forums desire to be. This is a site where hunters from parts of this great nation share info and become friends. Many of us have different approaches to hunting and while most of us are "Beast" style hunters its refreshing and cool that guys like Stanley can come on here and openly discuss what works for him and Spy can give detailed info on how to effectley hunt multiple states on the cheap and no one bashes them or the threads dont get lost in "Is the can call worth it" or "Matthews Sucks" threads. And Dan is always helping out anwsering questions and acting humbly even tho this his site. Even in our disagreements we still maintain a high level of respect. The site is growing w/ lots of new comers and thats great until we start hunting the same public bedding areas :o ! Just wanted to give props to Dan for running the best site on the web.

Alot of hunters getting and sharring great info and building friendships while all in the pursuit of mature bucks. Got to love it.

I couldn't agree more :D
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:13 am

fredhill wrote:when i recently found this site i perused it as a guest for a week. to say i was shocked is an understatement. what hooked me is people were actually excited to hunt public land. no whining/bitching that they can't afford a lease, they lost their ground to a lease, hunting is becoming a "rich man's sport", boo hoo hoo. it seems people here are do-ers and not talkers. i think many people are internet hunters and really don't put in the field time. i.e. their post count goes through the roof during the fall. when season starts i don't have near the time to play on the computer. i'm hunting. the attitudes i see expressed are encouraging and i would happily share any intel i have about the public land in i've hunted in MO.

Great post fred and dead on. We have hunters from all over the country here hunting wide variety of terrain and quality of land - but the most common element is we all work our tails off to get on nice deer and are hear to learn more.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”