Stanley

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Beason
500 Club

Re: Stanley

Unread postby Beason » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:28 pm

Stan the man. Good luck this fall ;)

ttsbuck
500 Club

Unread postby ttsbuck » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Stanley where in Iowa are you ? I will be hunting near Ottumwa this year.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:33 pm

ttsbuck wrote:Stanley where in Iowa are you ? I will be hunting near Ottumwa this year.

I'm in Clinton county, DeWitt about 3 hrs From Ottumwa.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:33 pm

jack_4mn wrote:Stan the man. Good luck this fall ;)

You too.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:38 pm

kenn1320 wrote:
Thanks
It would fun to mark up a map in another area. I'm not sure it would accomplish much though.
Case in point; 20 or so years ago I had an alternate spot and had a group of 4 bachelor bucks patterned. Nothing very big. Stand was set. A guy I knew lost his place to hunt. I told him I had a place he could hunt and there were some bucks going by a stand. I told him the stand was only good with an East wind. I talked to the guy a week or so later. He said he hunted the stand once only with a west wind and didn't see anything!!

Stan my thought on you marking up a piece would not be for learning how to hunt that land, but to see how "you" think when doing your aerial scouting. In fact it would be really cool if Dan jr could set up 4 or 5 threads, one for each of you big buck slammers and restrict each of you out off all but the one assigned to you. This way we could see how each of you would approach the same land, and the other guys write up would not bias how you mark yours, cause you do not have access to see them.

That does sound like fun. lots of big buck slammers on the beast site could participate.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:47 pm

tim wrote:good thread here, nice bucks stanley

Thanks.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:50 pm

Spysar wrote:Stanley, I really enjoyed the big buck pics, I really like that wide one. I always appriciate your threads and comments. Keep doin what you do.

Thanks. Your thread on locating out of state hunting spots was a great informative read.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:50 pm

Liberty-Hunt wrote:Congratulations! Great kills!
Tanks for sharing your experience & tactics!!!

Thanks.
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:47 pm

First off nice bucks Stanley....I've seen some of those pics before. It's great to have your open input here on the Beast. Over on the other site your comments are always very brief......those guys over there have no idea what knowledge they are missing!
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:59 pm

Ack wrote:First off nice bucks Stanley....I've seen some of those pics before. It's great to have your open input here on the Beast. Over on the other site your comments are always very brief......those guys over there have no idea what knowledge they are missing!

I don't like to waste air. Over there it's too much of a free for all and no none takes the bowhunting forum serious. The food plot and game camera forums are still really good though.
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:02 am

Stanley wrote:
Ack wrote:First off nice bucks Stanley....I've seen some of those pics before. It's great to have your open input here on the Beast. Over on the other site your comments are always very brief......those guys over there have no idea what knowledge they are missing!

I don't like to waste air. Over there it's too much of a free for all and no none takes the bowhunting forum serious. The food plot and game camera forums are still really good though.

I can't take anything on AT seriously anymore. Its the same exact threads over and over. Idiotic threads get 6 pages of attention and all of the useful helpful stuff winds up on page 3 the first day. I rarely log in over there anymore.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:18 am

GRFox wrote:
Stanley wrote:

I can't take anything on AT seriously anymore. Its the same exact threads over and over. Idiotic threads get 6 pages of attention and all of the useful helpful stuff winds up on page 3 the first day. I rarely log in over there anymore.

[glow=red]I agree guys that want to learn have to sort through so much garbage it's almost impossible. I still hang out but strictly for entertainment.[/glow]
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:59 am

Stanley wrote:I'm in Clinton county, DeWitt about 3 hrs From Ottumwa.

Small world, I'm originally from Maquoketa which is just up the road from you. Now in Iowa City. Used to do a lot of hunting in Clinton Co on Syracuse public as well as private ground around there and Lost Nation, Toronto, etc. My dad has a gun/archery shop over by Baldwin as well.

Small world.

http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:39 am

muddy wrote:
Stanley wrote:I'm in Clinton county, DeWitt about 3 hrs From Ottumwa.

Small world, I'm originally from Maquoketa which is just up the road from you. Now in Iowa City. Used to do a lot of hunting in Clinton Co on Syracuse public as well as private ground around there and Lost Nation, Toronto, etc. My dad has a gun/archery shop over by Baldwin as well.

Small world.

Your dad must be Barry Watters then. I know him. Bought a bow from him (American) 25 years ago. I hunted Syracuse before it was public in the middle/late 70s. I also hunted North of Baldwin on the Maquoketa river in the late 80s early 90s. You are right it is a small world.

muddy

Unread postby muddy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:19 am

That's him, the little turd running around the shop fletching arrows was me. :-)

http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”