Ever had a buck directly down wind that didn't wind you?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Haus86

Re: Ever had a buck directly down wind that didn't wind you?

Unread postby Haus86 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:57 am

I've often wondered if a buck can't smell as well when he is running hard, mouth wide open, and tongue hanging out. I've had them get down wind without busting me like this, but I can't say for sure where my scent stream was at that moment.

tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:19 am

ive had lots of deer down wind of me and not smell me ---BUT I GUARANTEE THEY WERENT IN MY SCENT STREAM--- ive also had deer upwind of me and catch my scent stream .at first it leaves you puzzled but we all know what happened, the wind swirled and the deer caught it. i like it when people say deer have a sixth sense or some crap like that, yeah its called a big nose :lol:
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:37 am

tim wrote:ive had lots of deer down wind of me and not smell me ---BUT I GUARANTEE THEY WERENT IN MY SCENT STREAM--- ive also had deer upwind of me and catch my scent stream .at first it leaves you puzzled but we all know what happened, the wind swirled and the deer caught it. i like it when people say deer have a sixth sense or some crap like that, yeah its called a big nose :lol:

True that.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”