On the ground or in the air

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: On the ground or in the air

Unread postby dan » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:49 pm

Seems like a lot of gun hunters get the job done on the ground... Even some bow hunters. For me, its not about the eye to eye rush, its about killing deer, and I am going to set up in the most efficient way possible whether that means 25 feet up, 6 feet up, on the ground, or in a hole...
It baffles me though during gun season the numbers of guys I see set up on the ground with a gun in areas where they could shoot a 200 yard circle if they just climbed a tree... Guns for sure work best elevated, well at least from a stand most of the time.
I have killed a lot of big bucks from the ground with a gun though by stalking or still hunting, my comment was based mainly on fixed position hunting.

trdtnlbwhntr

Unread postby trdtnlbwhntr » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:23 am

I shot my first recurve buck from the ground at 5 paces. Since then I have killed the majority of my deer from a stand.
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:03 am

I've shot some nice bucks from the ground with a gun. Shot a couple with a bow on the ground; most everything for bowhunting has been in the stand.
Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Unread postby Dor » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:09 am

I have killed a number of deer from the ground stand hunting and a ton on bow drives. However, the majority have been taken from a treestand.

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”